The Lexington 20/20 Vision Committee’s role is to identify a shared vision for Lexington’s future and communicate that vision to municipal decision-makers, by:
- Engaging the Lexington community to think about Lexington’s long-term future.
- Identifying and assessing opportunities and challenges that may shape Lexington’s future.
- Making recommendations to the Board of Selectmen and, as appropriate, the School Committee and Planning Board.
- Measuring, tracking, and reporting progress on topics studied.
13 members (including one rep from School Committee, Planning Board, and Selectmen)
Apppointed by: Board of Selectmen
Term: 3 years
We seek members who are familiar with the Lexington community, have skills beneficial to performing the work of the Committee, and/or fresh perspectives and a passion for the positive future of Lexington. For people without previous experience in Town government, membership on the committee has often served as a pathway to become more involved in the Town.
- Two members for general Committee membership
- Taskforce on Social Diversity - 1 opening
- Taskforce on E-Government - 1 opening