Studies & Reports:
Preliminary Evaluation of Source Separated Organics (CDM) Report
Shade Street Pavement Marking and Signing Plan
Digsafe (Utility Markouts):
National Grid (Gas Company):
Verizon (Phone Services):
(Phone, Cable & Internet):
Comcast (Phone, Cable, & Internet):
Massachusetts Highway Department (State Roads):
2015 Engineering Construction Projects
Major current projects:
*While every effort is made to keep this website up to date, changes occur dynamically
and website updates cannot keep up with moment to moment conditions. This applies to detours which are set daily in the field by Town personnel in conjunction with the Lexington Police Department.
** New UPDATE** Mass DOT is paving the Grove Street bridge over Route 128 beginning at 8pm on Tuesday, 4/21 and continuing work through Thursday, 4/23. Bridge will be closed through 8pm on Thursday. Traffic is being detoured. See map. The bridge will be completely closed. Local traffic should access their neighborhood from the appropriate side of the bridge.
Town of Lexington projects
- Street Resurfacing 2015 (updated 4/2/15) The paving program for this year has been set. See below for a map and list of the streets to be resurfaced this year. A schedule has not been put together yet. It will be posted here once
- Crack Seal Contract #15-58 (updated 3/26/15) The Town will be crack sealing streets throughout town. the contract documents are currently out to bid and available at the Office of the Town Engineer
- Water Distribution Improvements Contract #15-57 (updated 4/9/15) the town of Lexington will be upgrading and replacing water main in various location throughout Town. (see map below) The contract is currently out to bid and available through Accent blueprint.
This project is currently programmed for funding thorough the state's Transportation Improvement Program. The Massachusetts Department of Transportation will be holding a 25% Design Public Hearing on May 7th, 7:00 PM at the Samuel Hadley Public Services Building, 201 Bedford Street. For more information please contact Dave Cannon, Lexington DPW/Engineering, (781) 274-8323, email@example.com
- Willard Woods Stream Daylighting Project (posted 3/31/15) The proposed Willard’s Pond work involves removing the existing underground stone box culvert between the Willard’s Pond outlet and the 30-inch RCP culvert inlet at North Street and constructing a natural open channel stream.
- Robinson Road Project (posted 12/10/14) Crews from McIver Brothers are finished working on Robinson Road for the year. Final punchlist work will be done in the spring. Please contact Dave Cannon with any questions.
Hartwell Ave at Maguire Road Modifications (posted 8/25/14) The Town is in the process of conducting preliminary designs for modifications to Hartwell Ave corridor.
Phase 1 of the Hartwell Ave area improvements includes the rehabilitation or replacement of the bridge over the Kiln Brook, improvements to the Maguire Road intersection which is currently proposed to be a roundabout, and potentially a protected pedestrian crossing at the intersection with Bedford Street. The design is currently in progress with Stantec under contract to bring the project through the 25% design stage.
View a slide show (pdf or PowerPoint) showing an overview of the project and the current considerations.
- Concord Ave Sidewalk-(posted 1/15/15) The Town of Lexington Engineering Division has plans to install a sidewalk along Concord Avenue from Waltham Street to Spring Street. This project includes construction of a 5 foot wide sidewalk, granite curb, field stone retaining walls and drainage improvements. The culvert carrying Hardy’s Pond Brook will be replaced and the traffic signal at Waltham Street and Concord ave will be upgraded. Current plans are available for viewing at Samuel Hadley Public service building, 201 Bedford Street. Please contact Dave Cannon in Engineering for more information.
Projects by other entities affecting Lexington
- Mass DOT Route 2/I-95 Bridge Replacement project. For information about lane closures please visit the Mass DOT project website.
- Mass DOT Repairs to the Watertown Street Bridge over Route 2 Construction will take place from 9/9 through 9/13. There will be revolving lane closures on Rt 2 during day and night hours. Please see Mass DOT project website for further details.
- The Town of Bedford slip-lining project: Phase 1 work is wrapping up. The Town of Bedford is working with their contractor to set up a sewer by-pass to forstall any breaks which might occur in the length of pipe not lined thus far. This by-pass will carry over for the next phase of the project which will kick off in the spring. Final patch paving will also occur in the spring.