Studies & Reports:
New: Preliminary Evaluation of Source Separated Organics (CDM) Report
Shade Street Pavement Marking and Signing Plan
Digsafe (Utility Markouts):
National Grid (Gas Company):
Verizon (Phone Services):
(Phone, Cable & Internet):
Comcast (Phone, Cable, & Internet):
Massachusetts Highway Department (State Roads):
2013 Engineering Construction Projects
Major current projects:
*While every effort is made to keep this website up to date, changes occur dynamically
and website updates cannot keep up with moment to moment conditions. This applies to detours which are set daily in the field by Town personnel in conjunction with the Lexington Police Department*
- Minuteman Bikeway Culvert Replacement Contract #13-56 (posted 5-7-13) Project consists of the replacement of a culvert under the Minuteman Bikeway between Woburn Street and Four Seasons Nursery. Pecora Contracting will be starting on May13th, 2013. The bikepath will be closed between Woburn Street and Seasons Four as the site will be secured for safety reasons. Users of the bikepath will be detoured down Mass Ave. See map below. Thank you for your understanding and patience during construction.
- National Grid will be relaying mains in different locations throughout the construction season. Currently they have crews working on Middle Street. Work is finishing up on Waltham Street. After this, they will move over to Butler Ave. Check back here for updates as they become available. (posted 4-26-13)
- Miscellaneous Water Work and Water Main Replacement on Bedford Street Project #12-71 (posted 4-26-13) Crews are starting on Larchmont Lane to replace the water main. Upcoming in this project is a water main replacement in Bedford Street from Worthen Road to North Hancock Street. Check back here for details and schedule updates as they become available.
- Work on Marrett Road (posted 4-26-13) Revoli Construction will be doing some finish work on Marrett Road carried over from last season's sewer project. This involves paving and one lane will be closed on Marrett Rd. from Lincoln St to Middle St next week from 4/29/13 to 5/3/13. There will be details to direct the traffic.
- Spring and Concord Intersection Improvements Contract #13-62 (posted 5-8-13)
Project Includes a new traffic signal, curbing, sidewalks, and pavement markings.
- 2013 Paving Contract # 13-57 (posted 4-25-13) The list of roads scheduled to be paved this year has been set. See link below. The bid documents are currently available in Engineering.
- 2013 Castings Bid Contract #13-64 (posted 4-25-13) This contract is for catch basin, and manhole covers and frames.
- Winthrop Rd Sidewalk (posted 5-24-13) The Town has proposed a new sidewalk on Winthrop Rd. A public hearing is being held on Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 7:00 p.m. in the Selectmen Meeting Room. Please see plans below.
Old Reservoir Water Quality improvement Project #13-24 (posted 1-16-13) Installation of a detention pond, parking lot and miscellaneous drainage improvements at the Old Reservoir. Work will be commencing during the week of 1/22/13. Work area will be cleared and designated trees will be cut or removed according to plans.
- Butterfield Dam Project #12-12 (posted 4-12-13) This project is nearing completion. Work will continue when the weather warms up and conditions get dryer. The project includes construction of earthen embankment dam improvements and repairs to the existing reinforced concrete outlet control structure through the dam. Traffic will be impacted on Lowell Street near the Burlington line. There may be lane closures during the work period. Hours of work are 6am-3pm. See schedule linked below.
- Hayden Avenue Sidewalk Project #13-17 (posted 12-14-12) Work is complete with the exception of pavement marking which will take place in the spring.
- Field Drainage Improvements at The Center Playfields
- (Phase 2) Project # 12-57 - Work will be complete by the end of August. Renovation of existing natural grass field with new drainage infrastructure, soil amendments and site re-grading. (posted 8-22-12)
- Concord Ave Sidewalk Study -The Town of Lexington Engineering Division is studying the possibility of installing a sidewalk along Concord Avenue from Waltham Street to Spring Street. Concord Avenue is a town roadway with a portion in the state right of way. The corridor has been surveyed and evaluated. Design is underway; current plans are available for viewing at Samuel Hadley Public service building, 201 Bedford Street. Please contact Dave Cannon in Engineering for more information. (posted 6-5-12)
- Mass Ave 3 Intersection Project - (updated 2/21/13)
*new* a second public hearing was held on Feb 6th and the following was presented. See Presentation (4.37MB)
The Town of Lexington seeks to improve pedestrian, bicycle and vehicular traffic safety as well as improve traffic operations along a section of Massachusetts Avenue in Lexington. The project area is approximately 3,500 feet long and extends from Pleasant Street to Marrett Road.
Based on our public workshop which was held on November 8th the town is preceding with further development of a traffic signal at Maple Street/Mass Ave and Marrett road/Mass Ave locations.
Additional the town is also developing and analyzing both a signalized and roundabout alternatives at the intersection of Pleasant Street and Massachusetts Ave.
- Grove Street Roadway Improvements Contract #13-61 (posted 5-9-13) This project is for improvements on along a section of Grove Street related to the new Estabrook School. Bid documents are currently available at engineering.
- Estabrook School/Robinson Road Project (posted 11-4-12) The Town is in preliminary stages of redesign of Robinson Road and design of a new Estabrook School. Current conceptual plans for the new road layout and school entrance are linked below. Please contact John Livsey with any questions.