Trash and Recycling Schedule by Street Name
Holidays That Delay Trash/Recycling Pickup
How Can I Get Rid of...?
Donate, Don't Dispose...
YardWaste & Composting
Environmental Services Division
Curbside Trash Collection
Trash and Recycling Collection delayed one day week of March 19.
Due to the severe snowstorm, curbside trash and recycling collection service in Lexington was cancelled for Tuesday March 19, 2013. Residents on the Tuesday collection route can put out their trash and recycling for collection on Wednesday. JRM will be on a 1-day delay collection schedule for the remainder of the week. We apologize for any inconvenience.
JRM Hauling and Recycling is the Town's trash and recycling vendor.
For missed trash or recycling pickup call JRM at 1-800-323-4285.
Trash and recycling must be out by 7:00 a.m. on your collection day.
Trash and Recycling Guidelines and Schedule for 2012-2013
Curbside Trash and Solid Waste Guidelines
- Place trash at the curb by 7 a.m. on your trash day - Your trash must be out by
7 a.m. Pick-up cannot be guaranteed if trash is placed at the curb later than 7 a.m. The trash pick up schedule will be impacted during weeks which include a Town of Lexington observed holiday.
- Visible Recycling Ban - Any visible recyclables in the trash will be left behind by the trash collectors who will leave stickers explaining why the items were not picked up. The Town strictly enforces the State Waste Bans which forbid recyclables from entering the waste stream. Click through for more information on Lexington's Visible Recyclable Ban.
- Six (6) bag/barrel limit per week - An exception is made on this limit when moving. You must call JRM in advance of the move. 1-800-323-4285.
- One (1) Bulky Item per week - Bulky items are those that will not fit into an approved container including: mattresses, box springs, sofas, recliners, auto tires (without rim, 1 per week), storm doors, large toys, lawn furniture, and rugs (cut into 4 ft. lengths, rolled and tied - no more than 15 rolls of carpet at a time). Not to exceed 75 pounds.
- CRTs (TV's, monitors, CPUs) - State law prohibits disposal of CRTs in regular trash because of their high lead content. CRTs may be scheduled for curb pickup by JRM by appointment. Please call them at 800-323-4285 by 3 p.m. the day before your regular trash day to have the CRTs collected on your regular trash day.
EWaste Solutions (781-862-5558) will do door to door CRT removals for a fee.
Appliance (White Good) and Large Metal Item pick up is by appointment - Call JRM at 1-800-323-4285 to schedule a pick up on the same day as your regular trash and recycling collection. Appointments must be scheduled by 3 p.m. on the day before the collection. Acceptable items include stoves, refrigerators, microwaves, washing machines, dryers, metal desks, bed frames, air conditioners, file cabinets, wood stoves, dehumidifiers, grills (without propane tank), and water heaters. Snow blowers and lawnmowers can also be picked up, but they must be completely drained of oil.
Trash/recycling pickup will be delayed on the following legal holidays.
When holidays fall Monday through Friday, residents whose regular trash day falls on or after that holiday will experience a one-day delay in their trash and recycling collection.
Saturday holidays do not impact trash and recycling collection.
The Lexington Compost Facility
will be closed on all legal holidays.
Curbside yard waste collections, when applicable, are also delayed.