*While every effort is made to keep this website up to date, changes occur dynamically
and website updates cannot keep up with moment to moment conditions. This applies to detours which are set daily in the field by Town personnel in conjunction with the Lexington Police Department.
Projects Under Construction
*See the bottom of the page for important Non-Town related construction information.
- 2017 Paving Program (posted 4/27/17) Crews will begin reclaiming John Benson on May 2nd. This work is expected to close the road for the remainder of the week. Work hours are from 7am to 5pm. Please see detour map. Spring has sprung and the 2017 paving program for Lex has begun! See map for streets on this year's paving list. Again this year, we will be using many different paving and surfacing techniques. The map has the streets color coded to clarify which streets will receive which treatments. You can read a description of types of surfacing here. Crews have begun prepping: marking out, lowering the castings and plating, on John Benson, Wright, Bicentennial and Freeman as well as all the roads to be milled. The week of May 2nd reclaiming will begin on the roads that have been prepped in this phase and around mid May milling on the roads scheduled to be milled will begin. A more accurate schedule will be posted here once one is assembled. As always, please use patience and caution navigating through construction areas. Once paving operations begin, a detour map will be posted.
- Minuteman Commuter Bikeway Sign and Pavement Marking Project (posted 4/21/17) This project includes fabrication and installation of street signs and roadway markings along the bikeway and at crossings.
- Pleasant Street Sidewalk Project (posted 10/18/16) Project includes installation of a sidewalk along the western side of Pleasant Street from the Wilson Farm driveway to Dover lane. This section of proposed sidewalk will provide an interconnection link to existing sidewalks therefore providing a continuous sidewalk from Massachusetts Avenue to Concord Avenue.
Projects by other entities affecting Lexington
- Mass DOT Route 2/I-95 Bridge Replacement project. For information about lane closures please visit the Mass DOT project website.
- National Grid will be repairing patches in East Lexington on Mass Ave and side streets they worked on this fall. This work will take place the week of April 24thweather dependent. National Grid is also relaying mains on Larchmont Lane and Outlook Drive. This work is being done in advance of the Town paving so has been prioritized. On Larchmont Lane work is scheduled to begin on 4/20 and finish around 6/2.
Outlook Dr work will begin the week of 4/24 and is scheduled to be complete by 5/26. Crews working for National Grid will then move onto Grapevine Ave and relay main from 5/29 to 6/24A FAQ notice outlining the work from National Grid is available here.