*While every effort is made to keep this website up to date, changes occur dynamically
and website updates cannot keep up with moment to moment conditions. This applies to detours which are set daily in the field by Town personnel in conjunction with the Lexington Police Department.
Projects Under Construction
*See the bottom of the page for important Non-Town related construction information.
- Street Resurfacing 2016 (updated 11/9/16) Crews will be painting and taking care of other punchlist items on the Minuteman Bikepath tomorrow, November 10th, from 7am-7pm. the bikepath will be open, but there will be trucks and other equipment in the right of way so please use caution.
D&R crews are installing sidewalk on Prospect Hill. Unfortunately, the work will require a closure from 9am-3pm Monday-Friday through to the end of the month. See detour map.
You will notice crews in various spots in town taking care of the punchlist items including driveway aprons on the roads that got paved this year.
This year's resurfacing program utilized a few different methods to resurface. Crews from D&R resurfaced roads in the traditional methods: milling and paving, as well as reclaiming roads to be repaved. Sealcoating Inc had the contract for the specialized resurfacing. These surface techniques will prolong the life of the current pavement. Follow this link to learn about the different surfacing techniques!
Please see Paving Map 2016 traditional methods map for the streets to be resurfaced and Paving Map 2016 Surface Treatments map for streets that will be microsurfaced with the special techniques described above. Please note the legend which indicates the treatment pertaining to each road in this year's program. On-street parking will be prohibited during construction. You will be given as much access as the work allows and the DPW will do their best to minimize any inconvenience. Please note that work schedules are often altered by unforeseen events such as scheduling conflicts with other utility work which may result in delaying the microsurfacing to a subsequent year. We will do our best to keep you informed. Please contact email@example.com with any questions or concerns regarding the paving.
- Water Distribution Improvements Contract 16-52 (updated 10/19/16) All the new water main between Marrett Road and Pleasant Street is complete. Crews are now working on the permanent patches in the roadway. This is expected to take untill November 15th. Expect delays and please seek alternate routes if possible.
Please note the East Mass Ave Roadway improvements Project will begin in Spring of 2017 and has it's own webpage found here.
- Pleasant Street Sidewalk Project (posted 10/18/16) Project includes installation of a sidewalk along the western side of Pleasant Street from the Wilson Farm driveway to Dover lane. This section of proposed sidewalk will provide an interconnection link to existing sidewalks therefore providing a continuous sidewalk from Massachusetts Avenue to Concord Avenue.
- Cary Library Walkway Project (posted 10/19/16) The project consists of replacement of existing exposed aggregate concrete sidewalks with new cement concrete with color admixture sidewalks and other minor site improvements at the Cary Memorial Library. Work is scheduled to begin the week of October 24th. The project will be executed in two phases thus preserving access to the library during all times.
Projects by other entities affecting Lexington
- Mass DOT Route 2/I-95 Bridge Replacement project. For information about lane closures please visit the Mass DOT project website.
- National Grid will be relaying main in East Lexington on Mass Ave and Pleasant St. Nightwork will be involved as well. This work is neccessary and on a tight schedule due to the upcoming MassDOT road construction project on East Mass Ave commencing in the spring of 2017.