*While every effort is made to keep this website up to date, changes occur dynamically
and website updates cannot keep up with moment to moment conditions. This applies to detours which are set daily in the field by Town personnel in conjunction with the Lexington Police Department.
Projects Under Construction
*See the bottom of the page for important Non-Town related construction information.
- Street Resurfacing 2016 (updated 9/6/16)
Crews from D&R are on Follen setting castings. Check back here for details regarding final paving.
Paving operations on the Minuteman Bikeway are complete! Should grading and filling will take place within the next few weeks. Check back here for details when they become available. (see map)
This year's resurfacing program utilized a few different methods to resurface. Crews from D&R resurfaced roads in the traditional methods: milling and paving, as well as reclaiming roads to be repaved. Sealcoating Inc had the contract for the specialized resurfacing. These surface techniques will prolong the life of the current pavement. Follow this link to learn about the different surfacing techniques!
Please see Paving Map 2016 traditional methods map for the streets to be resurfaced and Paving Map 2016 Surface Treatments map for streets that will be microsurfaced with the special techniques described above. Please note the legend which indicates the treatment pertaining to each road in this year's program. On-street parking will be prohibited during construction. You will be given as much access as the work allows and the DPW will do their best to minimize any inconvenience. Please note that work schedules are often altered by unforeseen events such as scheduling conflicts with other utility work which may result in delaying the microsurfacing to a subsequent year. We will do our best to keep you informed.
- Water Distribution Improvements Contract 16-52 (updated 8/8/16) Water main work on Mass Ave from Winthrop Rd to Hunt Rd will begin on August 18th. Work hours are 7:30 am-4pm and this is anticipated to take about 5 work days. (no weekends) No Road closure is anticipated, but as this is a busy intersection, traffic will be impacted on Woburn St, Winthrop Rd, and Mass Ave. Please seek alternate routes and plan accordingly. See map.
All the new water main between Marrett Road and Pleasant Street is complete. Crews are now working on the connection of services for homes to the new main. This entails digging a trench across the complete width of the street at every building between Marrett Road and Pleasant Street. To complete this work, the road will have to be narrowed to one lane with traffic alternating in each direction. (Complete closure will not be necessary.) The work will be done at night, from 8 pm to 5 am. This restriction will begin Monday, June 13th and continue for approximately 6-8 weeks. If you are interested in being on an email distribution list set up for this project, please email the request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware while anyone may request updates, they are geared towards direct abutters.
- Revere Street Culvert (posted 2/18/16) This project, which consisted of replacing two culverts along North Lexington Brook at two separate locations: just east of #19 and #20 Revere Street and along the Minuteman Commuter Bikeway to the north of Camellia Place, is complete for the season. Punchlist items, consisting of landscaping and plantings will be done in the spring.
- Main Wastewater Pumping Station Improvements Project (posted 9/21/15) The work includes installation of three 150 horsepower, premium efficiency motors and variable frequency drives (VFDs) for the three existing wastewater non-clog centrifugal pumps as well as other upgrades.
Projects by other entities affecting Lexington
- Mass DOT Route 2/I-95 Bridge Replacement project. For information about lane closures please visit the Mass DOT project website.
- National Grid will be relaying main in East Lexington on Mass Ave and Pleasant St. Nightwork will be involved as well. This work is neccessary and on a tight schedule due to the upcoming MassDOT road construction project on East Mass Ave commencing in the spring of 2017.