*While every effort is made to keep this website up to date, changes occur dynamically
and website updates cannot keep up with moment to moment conditions. This applies to detours which are set daily in the field by Town personnel in conjunction with the Lexington Police Department.
Projects Under Construction
*See the bottom of the page for important Non-Town related construction information.
- 2017 Paving Program (posted 5/17/17)
Paving crews are working on schedule grinding roads on Winchester, Russell and Whipple. Next week, May 22nd-26th, they move on to Watertown St, Crescent Rd, Briggs Rd, Middleby Rd, Prospect Hill Rd, Cary Ave, and Tufts Rd. See link below for updated schedule for this phase of work. This work does require roads closures. Please see closure/detour maps below. Work hours are generally 7am-5pm so closures should be expected to be up during that time. Abutters will have access, but no through traffic will be allowed. Please note weather and other factors could alter this schedule. Please use caution while traveling through these areas and allow for extra travel time. Thank you.
While no schedule is available yet for the surfacing contract, we do expect prep to begin around the 17th of May and fog seal processes to take place by the end of June. The other surfacing processes will begin after school is out for the summer. A more detailed schedule will be posted here once it is set.
See map for streets on this year's paving list. Again this year, we will be using many different paving and surfacing techniques. The map has the streets color coded to clarify which streets will receive which treatments. You can read a description of types of surfacing here.
- Minuteman Commuter Bikeway Sign and Pavement Marking Project (posted 5/10/17) This project includes fabrication and installation of street signs and roadway markings along the bikeway and at crossings.
- Pleasant Street Sidewalk Project (posted 10/18/16) Project includes installation of a sidewalk along the western side of Pleasant Street from the Wilson Farm driveway to Dover lane. This section of proposed sidewalk will provide an interconnection link to existing sidewalks therefore providing a continuous sidewalk from Massachusetts Avenue to Concord Avenue.
Projects by other entities affecting Lexington
- Mass DOT Route 2/I-95 Bridge Replacement project. For information about lane closures please visit the Mass DOT project website.
- National Grid will be repairing patches in East Lexington on Mass Ave and side streets they worked on this fall. This work will take place the week of April 24thweather dependent. National Grid is also relaying mains on Larchmont Lane and Outlook Drive. This work is being done in advance of the Town paving so has been prioritized. On Larchmont Lane work is scheduled to begin on 4/20 and finish around 6/2.
Outlook Dr work will begin the week of 4/24 and is scheduled to be complete by 5/26. Crews working for National Grid will then move onto Grapevine Ave and relay main from 5/29 to 6/24A FAQ notice outlining the work from National Grid is available here.