- Please sign up early, as program space is limited. All program registration is on a "first come - first served" basis via mail-in or walk-in registration, or using our Online Registration Program. Telephone registrations are accepted for adult programs only with payment by MasterCard, Discover or VISA. Programs cannot be attended unless full payment has been received.
- Credit card payments are not accepted for field permits, facility reservations, tennis reservations or golf ID cards.
- Please make all checks payable to: Town of Lexington.
- Mail registration to: Recreation and Community Programs Department, 39 Marrett Road, Lexington, MA 02421. You may also register at the Lexington Community Center.
- There is a $25.00 service fee for all returned checks.
- Non-resident registrations are accepted in some programs, space permitting, at an additional rate of $5.00 for youth programs and $10.00 for adult programs. Starting dates for non-resident registrations are 2 weeks after resident registration begins.
- There is a minimum $10.00 non-refundable deposit for each program, except where noted in the seasonal brochures. Please review the Department's Refund Policy for additional information. Registration may be limited due to space limitations or staff to participant ratio requirements.
- Late registration may be accepted subject to space availability.
- The Recreation and Community Programs Department reserves the right to cancel or consolidate classes that do not support themselves. All programs operate on a self-supporting basis.
- Financial assistance is available for all Recreation and Community Programs Department sponsored programs. Those who need assistance should request it when applying for a specific program.
Please call the Program Information and Cancellation Line (781) 698-4810 when you have any doubt about weather cancellations. Due to the constantly changing New England weather this will be the best way to stay informed of the status of a program, or if the program has been moved to another location. In some instances, the Recreation and Community Programs Department will try to notify participants of a change or cancellation by email.
Please be advised that some activities and clinics may continue to run outside in inclement and/or adverse weather conditions. Participants should dress appropriately for the weather.
Confirmation of your mail-in registration will not be made. You will be notified only if you are not in a program due either to full enrollment or a cancellation. Please mark your calendar and plan to attend. Advanced registration and full payment is required for all programs.
Program Location Changes:
The Lexington Recreation and Community Programs Department relies heavily upon the Lexington Public Schools and the availability of the other municipal facilities for indoor space. Due to ongoing projects, school and town activities, Recreation and Community Programs Department activities are subject to change at any time. Participants will be notified by letter, email or phone call of the change.
Programs for Everyone:
The Lexington Recreation and Community Programs Department is committed to providing recreational opportunities that are accessible to all members of the community. Please let us know about barriers that prevent participation. We are proud of our work with members of the community in creating exciting, successful and accessible programs. We encourage individuals in need of special assistance in order to participate, to share this information on the program registration form, or call the Recreation and Community Programs Department Office.