The April 15 Hazardous Waste Collection will NOT be held at the Compost Facility, due to continuing work on the new solar array.
Hadley Public Services Building
201 Bedford St.
9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Lexington residents may drop off, FREE OF CHARGE, hazardous wastes such as:
- oil based paint
- linseed oil
- used motor oil
- cleaning chemicals
- pool chemicals
On the day of the event:
- Lexington residents must have a form of identification, such as a driver’s license or a utility bill to register on site that day to drop off waste.
- You will also be asked to stay in your vehicle.
- As you approach the unloading zone, you will be instructed to “pop open your trunk” so that your registration process can be completed.
- A trained technician in protective clothing will then unload your vehicle, so it is a true drive through service.
- It is recommend that the unwanted materials are brought to the event in original containers. If there are multiple small items, (such as aerosol cans, or quart size paint cans,) then it is recommended that you pack them in a cardboard box or similar container for the technicians to take. The box will not be returned. Waiting for a container to be returned or unpacking a trunk of a car with multiple small items can increase the offloading time.
Lexington has hired a professional contractor, Clean Harbors Environmental Services to manage, collect, transport, dispose or recycle the materials dropped off. The Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection, (DEP) enforces state regulations (MGL 310. CMR 30.000 Hazardous Waste § 30.93(4) Management to protect human health and the environment.
For additional information please contact the Public Health Director, Gerard Cody, by email or by phone at 781-698-4503