Boards & Committees
Calendar of Public Meetings
Employment with the Town
Locations of Town Buildings
State & Federal Links
About Town Meeting
2013 Annual and Special Town Meetings
Overview of Lexington Government
- An elected 5 member Board of Selectmen meets throughout the year to make policy and oversee the operations of Town government.
- Day-to-day administration of the Town of Lexington is centralized under a full-time professional Town Manager appointed by the Selectmen. Municipal department and division heads report to the Town Manager.
- A 5 person elected School Committee and a Superintendent appointed by the School Committee administer local school affairs. Lexington public schools include 6 elementary schools 2 middle schools, Lexington High School, and Minuteman Regional High School.
- The 5 member elected Planning Board is the steward of the Comprehensive Plan, the Zoning By-law and Subdivision and Development Regulations.
- The legislative function is performed by a representative Town Meeting comprised of roughly 200 residents who meet at least annually to appropriate funds, revise local bylaws, and make other decisions as needed.
- The Cary Library Board of Trustees oversees library operations.
- Numerous citizen volunteers are elected or appointed to a variety of commissions, boards, and committees.