2014 - 2015 Winter Program Flyer
General Program and Registration Information
Adult Drop-In Program Calendar 2014-2015
Adult and Family Travel
Directions to Recreation Facilities
Greenway Corridor Committee/ACROSS Lexington
Jobs and Volunteering
Open Space and Recreation Plan
Parks, Playgrounds & Fields
RECREATION GIS SITE
Recreation Internship Program
RECREATION 2014 - 2016 STRATEGIC PLAN
Useful Numbers and Web Addresses
On October 8th, a story aired on the NBC Nightly News about the safety of crumb rubber used in synthetic turf fields. In response to this news story, the landscape architect who worked with the Recreation Department on the synthetic turf field project at Lincoln Park indicated that the evidence from reliable scientific studies by state and federal agencies, including the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), suggests no correlation between synthetic turf and human health issues.
The Synthetic Turf Council also released a statement after the report aired on the news. Additional information from the Synthetic Turf Council on this issue can be found by going to this website.
- The Adult Drop In program at the LHS field House is closed Monday and Tuesday, November 17 and 18 due to a school sponsored activity.
- The Recreation Winter Supplemental Flyer will be in mailboxes soon. Registration is open for all Winter programs.
- New programs beginning in January include a 10-week series of Art Workshops for both elementary and middle school-aged children at Pinot's Palette in Lexington Center.
- The Adult Drop-In Program at the LHS Field House opens for the season on Monday, November 3. Check the calendar for fees, open and closed dates and general information. As a rule, the program is open Monday - Thursday evening from 7:15 - 9:30 p.m. The program will be closed on November 4, 11, 13, 17, 18, 26 and 27.WfJanuaryfor
- The Middle School Tubing Program is FULL.
- The Friday Ski and Snowboard Program is FULL.
- The Thursday Afternoon Ski Program has openings only for skiing and snowboarding without transportation.
- Registration is open for winter adult and youth programs and February Vacation youth programs.
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
Office Phone Number: 781-698-4800
Recorded Program Information and Cancelations: 781-698-4810
Recreation Department Directory:
|Director of Recreation
|Part-Time Department Clerk
Description of Services:
The Lexington Recreation Department is where Lexington residents can participate in year-round, unique, quality programs. Led by excellent, qualified instructors, these programs offer participants affordable opportunities for a wide variety of passive and active recreation. The goal of the Recreation Department is to provide recreational facilities and programs for Lexington residents. Please let us know about barriers that prevent participation. We are proud of our work with members of the community in creating exciting and successful programs. Please help us as we try to expand our ability to provide meaningful and accessible recreational opportunities for all. Your suggestions are welcomed.
The Lexington Recreation Department has operated as an Enterprise Fund since 1991. Recreation programs are self-supported by setting user fees to cover all expenses. The Director of Recreation, through the Recreation Committee, sets fees with the approval of the Board of Selectmen. The Recreation Department operating budget supports staff that manages and delivers recreation programs along with the supplies needed to operate those programs. Surplus revenues generated through the Recreation Enterprise (Recreation and Pine Meadows Golf Club) helps fund Capital Improvement Projects and financially supports some services provided to the Recreation Department by the Department of Public Works, Public Grounds Division, and payment of $100,000 per year towards the Lincoln Park debt.