Spring/Summer 2014 Program Brochure
2014 Swim Tag Registration Information
General Program and Registration Information
Directions to Recreation Facilities
Family Trips with Collette Family Vacations
Greenway Corridor Committee/ACROSS Lexington
Jobs and Volunteering
Open Space and Recreation Plan
Parks, Playgrounds & Fields
RECREATION GIS SITE
Recreation Internship Program
Useful Numbers and Web Addresses
The Lexington Recreation Department, in partnership with the Lexington Bicycle Advisory Committee, the Friends of Lexington Bikeways and the Lexington Police Department, is offering a BIKE SMART PILOT PROGRAM for all 5th graders in Lexington as part of Bike Walk 'n Bus Week on Thursday, May 15, 2014.
To register for this program click on the online registration link below. The program is listed under 2014 Spring Preschool, Youth and Teen Programs. Registration is limited and pre-registration is required.
- The Pine Meadows Golf Club opened April 4th for the 2014 season!
- Swim lesson Registration begins on Monday, April 28, 2014.
Download Our Spring/Summer 2014 Program Brochure
- Replacement of the "carpet" on Lincoln Field #1 began on October 28. The field and the outer parking area along Lincoln Street closest to Field #1 will be closed during construction. Vehicular access to the facility is limited to the entrance closest to the Little League Field. Thank you for your cooperation.
- REMINDER: Fees for 2014 summer youth programs increase as of May 1. Register early and save money!
- The evening adult drop-in program at the Lexington High School Field House has closed for the season. Thank you for your participation this season. We look forward to seeing you again in the fall.
- The morning drop-in program at LHS will be closed next week, due to April School Vacation. It will reopen on Monday, April 28th.
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
Office Phone Number: (781) 698-4800
Recorded Program Information and Cancelations: (781) 698-4810
Recreation Department Directory:
|Director of Recreation
|Part-Time Department Clerk
Description of Services:
The Lexington Recreation Department is where Lexington residents can participate in year-round, unique, quality programs. Led by excellent, qualified instructors, these programs offer participants affordable opportunities for a wide variety of passive and active recreation. The goal of the Recreation Department is to provide recreational facilities and programs for Lexington residents. Please let us know about barriers that prevent participation. We are proud of our work with members of the community in creating exciting and successful programs. Please help us as we try to expand our ability to provide meaningful and accessible recreational opportunities for all. Your suggestions are welcomed.
The Lexington Recreation Department has operated as an Enterprise Fund since 1991. Recreation programs are self-supported by setting user fees to cover all expenses. The Director of Recreation, through the Recreation Committee, sets fees with the approval of the Board of Selectmen. The Recreation Department operating budget supports staff that manages and delivers recreation programs along with the supplies needed to operate those programs. Surplus revenues generated through the Recreation Enterprise (Recreation and Pine Meadows Golf Club) helps fund Capital Improvement Projects and financially supports some services provided to the Recreation Department by the Department of Public Works, Public Grounds Division, and payment of $100,000 per year towards the Lincoln Park debt.