- Am I Registered to Vote? Where do I Vote? Link to find your voter registration information
- Absentee, Physically Disabled & Specially Qualified Voting
- Board of Registrars
- Campaign and Political Finance
- Election Calendar, Warrants and Specimen Ballot
- Election Results
- Information for Voters - Secretary of State - Election Division
- Nomination Papers
- Precincts & Poll Addresses
- Voter Bill of Rights
- Voter Registration - Download a Voter Registration Form or Register Online
The Town Clerk administers elections and election-related processes and functions. The Registrars of Voters, appointed by the Board of Selectmen, oversee voter registration and voter records. Election administration is managed by the Town Clerk and staff of the Town Clerk's office. The Registrars assist the Town Clerk's office in promoting voter registration, maintaining voter registration, certifying signatures on nomination papers and petitions, issuing party enrollment certificates, certifying absentee voter applications, investigating challenges to local nomination papers, conducting recounts, and assisting in the preparation of the street list.
General Duties and Administration
The Town Clerk administers nomination and election processes, registers voters, conducts the annual municipal census and certifies applications and documents for veterans' bonuses. The Town Clerk also verifies residences, prepares and provides statistics on elections and census, and provides general assistance for citizens, political parties and members of the press.
The Town Clerk conducts all presidential primaries, state primaries, state, presidential, and Town elections. The responsibilities of the Town Clerk include:
- voter registration
- supplying nomination papers for candidates, initiatives and referenda
- certification of signatures on all nomination papers and petitions
- printing ballots for Town elections
- maintenance of elections system
- recruitment of poll workers
- tallying elections results
- maintaining and preserving the records of the election
Board of Registrars
Barrett, Jean H. (Republican) 2018
Jones III, Gordon M. (Democrat) 2017
Moore, Judith E. (Democrat) 2019
Rice, Nathalie L., Clerk (Unenrolled)
Appointed by: Board of Selectmen
Length of Term: 3 years
Appointments made: March 31
Meeting Times: As needed
Purpose - The Registrar of Voters consists of three members who shall represent the two leading political parties of the Town; however, no more than two members may be from the same party. The Town Clerk need not be enrolled in a political party. While the Board's original purpose was to verify the accuracy and validity of elections, the Board may vote to authorize the Town Clerk to perform all certification functions.
Registrars assist the Town Clerk's office in promoting voter registration, maintaining voter registration, certifying signatures on nomination papers and petitions, issuing party enrollment certificates, certifying absentee voter applications, investigating challenges to local nomination papers, conducting recounts, assisting in the preparation of the street list, and being present at all elections as part of the reporting process.
Criteria for Membership - Member of one of the two leading political parties in Town. The Board of Selectmen makes each appointment from a list submitted by the town committee of the political party from the members of which the position is to be filled.
Ref. – Mass. General Laws,