Lexington's Geographic Information System
- A geographic information system is a system designed to capture, store, manipulate, analyze, manage, and present all type of geographically referenced data.
- In the simplest terms, GIS [geographic information system, geographical information system, or geospatial information studies] is the merging of cartography, statistical analysis, and database technology.
We are working on major improvements to online geographic information
for the Town of Lexington. The geographic information currently available online is
not current; all data should be verified with the Assessor's Office to ensure accuracy.
Lexington has now been published to the World Topographic Map!
What makes this map special, and different from google maps, is that it contains current information about Lexington such as property lines, buildings, elevation lines and place names.
All users, even those without GIS software, may view this map online at any time.
- Click this link to open the Map website and then save as a Favorite in your Browser
- Then click OPEN to expand drop down menu.
- Then Click "OPEN in ArcGIS Explorer Online".
- When the World Map appears, enter "Lexington MA" in the search box and hit "Enter".