Information for September 6, 2022 State Primary
The Massachusetts State Primary will be Tuesday, September 6, 2022
Saturday August 27, 2022 is the last day to register to vote or update party affiliation for this Primary.
The Town Clerk's Office will be open from 9AM to 5PM on August 27 to facilitate registration.
Voter Information & Links
- Check your Voter Registration Status
- Find out where you are registered to vote
- Register to Vote Online
- View the State Primary Warrant and Constable's Return of Service
View Sample Ballots
|Precincts 1, 2, 4, 5, and 7||Precincts 3, 8, and 9||Precinct 6|
|SAMPLE Democratic Ballot||SAMPLE Democratic Ballot||SAMPLE Democratic Ballot|
|SAMPLE Republican Ballot||SAMPLE Republican Ballot||SAMPLE Republican Ballot|
Early Voting by Mail
To request an early voting by mail ballot:
- Download the Vote by Mail Application Form
- Fill it out, print it, sign it, and return by Monday, August 29, 2022 at 5:00 PM to:
1625 Massachusetts Ave.
Lexington, MA 02420
- Your ballot request must be received in writing, signed by the applicant in order to process your request.
- Your ballot will be mailed to the address you put on the application. Please note: if you have a forwarding request filed with the post office, then election materials (ballots) cannot/will not be forwarded.
All ballots must be returned by 8PM on Tuesday, September 6.
Early Voting In Person
- Early Voting In Person will be from Saturday, August 27 through Friday, September 2.
- All in person Early Voting will take place in the accessible Cary Memorial Building, 1605 Massachusetts Avenue, Stone Room, Lexington.
- Times and Hours of in person Early Voting Sessions:
|Day and Date||Session Times|
|Saturday, August 27||9:00 AM to 5:00 PM|
|Monday, August 29||8:30 AM to 4:30 PM|
|Tuesday, August 30||8:30 AM to 7:00 PM|
|Wednesday, August 31||8:30 AM to 4:30 PM|
|Thursday, September 1||8:30 AM to 4:30 PM|
|Friday, September 2||8:30 AM to 1:00 PM|
Due to recent changes made during the 2020 redistricting efforts, along with local requirements, please note:
Precinct 6 now votes in the 21st Middlesex District for the Office of Representative in General Court.
Precincts 7 & 9 have moved voting locations, and are now located in the Lexington Community Center, 39 Marrett Road.
- Precinct 7 votes in the lower level, exercise studio (park behind the facility, access side door to Center). See below for details regarding accessing the new Polling Location.
- Precinct 9 votes in the main level, dining room (park in the upper lot, access location through lobby).
PRECINCT 7 VOTING - FOLLOW THESE STEPS
|Step 1: Upon arrival at the Community Center, turn right at the top of the parking lot.||Step 2: Proceed to the side of the Community Center.||Step 3: Find parking along the side/rear of the Community Center.||Step 4: Enter door under red awning to access Precinct 7 Polling Location.|
|Step 5: Proceed through the entry vestibule to the Polling Location. This is also the rear egress, door.||Step 6: Proceed to Exercise Studio, your new Polling Location!|
|What if I accidently enter through the Main Door? |
Step 1: Follow the signs in the lobby for the elevator/stairs.
|Step 2: Enter Elevator and proceed to lower level.||Step 3: Exit elevator and follow signage through hallway.||Step 4: Proceed to Exercise Studio - your new Polling Location!|