In fall of 2010, roughly ten years after a vision statement and set of goals were developed, the Lexington 2020 Vision Committee wanted to check back with the community. They sought to confirm or revise the goals, and to identify issues where there is agreement or difference of opinion.
The Committee planned a series of small focus groups to engage residents in discussing what issues they see as important for Lexington both now and in the future. The Committee contacted a number of organizations in town and asked each to assemble a small but diverse group of 6-10 people to discuss several open-ended questions.
Focus Group Questions
- What do you value about Lexington?
- What would you like to see different?
- What specific goals do you think the Town should accomplish over the next 10-15 years?
Groups Sponsoring Focus Group Discussions
- Graduates of Lexington's 2009 Citizens' Academy
- Indian Americans of Lexington (IAL)
- Lexington Interfaith Clergy
- Chinese American Association of Lexington (CAAL)
- Global Warming Action Coalition (GWAC)
- Lexington Chamber of Commerce
- LexFun (formerly Lexington Preschool PTA)
- Lexington Rotary Club
Focus Group Input