Zoning Amendments - MBTA Communities
Multi-Family Zoning Requirements for MBTA Communities
In August 2023, the Attorney General approved Lexington's zoning bylaw and zoning map
In December 2023, the EOHLC determined Lexington's Village & Multi-Family Overlay Districts are in compliance with Sec. 3A of MGL
In 2020, the state legislature enacted changes to make it easier to create more housing across the region. New provisions require MBTA-served communities to adopt zoning to permit multi-family housing in Sec. 3A of M.G.L. c. 40A. The State Executive Office of Housing & Livable Communities (EOHLC) issued guidelines for communities to comply.
The Planning Board held public work sessions followed by a series of public hearings between October 2022 through February 2023. All community and Town Meeting members were invited to participate in the process.
Subscribe to Planning Board's email notifications here.
Meetings are filmed by LexMedia
Zoning for 2023 Annual Town Meeting:
- Village & Multi-Family Overlay District Map - Village Overlays, Bus Stops & Minuteman Bikeway
- Full Zoning Motion - Adopted by Town Meeting & Approved by Attorney General 8/7/2023
- Zoning Map, proposed zoning map for Article 34
- Planning Board's Recommendation Report to Town Meeting
- List of properties in proposed Overlay Districts
- Floor Amendments submitted April 3 from Town Meeting Members:
Annual Town Meeting presentation slides and video
Inclusionary Dwelling Economic Feasibility Analysis, updated Analysis & Supplemental January 2024
March 2 Town Meeting Members Association Info Session presentation slides
School Enrollment Working Group Response
February 27 Planning Board presentation slides to the Select Board
February 1 Planning Board Public Hearing presentation slides link to LexMedia Video (Changes made after this meeting)