John "Jack" Maloney Memorial Billiard Room
We are pleased to announce the recent dedication of the Community Center Billiard Room in remembrance John “Jack” Maloney. Jack made many significant contributions to the community throughout his lifetime and the Rotary Club of Lexington wanted to honor his legacy. Jack was very active in Rotary International, as President of the Lexington Rotary Club 1975-1976, and as District Governor (1980-1981) of district 7930. Jack was also a multiple Paul Harris Fellow of Rotary International. He belonged to the Lexington Chamber of Commerce. He was a Town Meeting member for many years and was appointed to many committees in Lexington. Jack was the former President and Chairman on the board of Depositors Trust Company in Medford and Lexington. Jack was also the recipient of the Lexington Lion's Club White Tricorne Hat in 2003 for his outstanding contributions to the Town of Lexington. He also served on the Boards of North Cambridge Catholic in North Cambridge as well as Cristo Rey High School. For many years he served on the board of the Josiah Hayden Recreation Center in Lexington, serving as Treasurer for 10 plus years.
View the Community Center Photo Gallery
Drop-In Spaces Available
- Cardio Fitness Room
- Weight Room
- Ping Pong
- Mansion Lounge
- Mansion Library
- Game Room
The Fix-It Shop is open. Please call to make an appointment: 781-698-4866 or 781-698-4840.
The Window Pane shop is closed until further notice.
Meeting Room Space
If you would like to reserve an indoor or outdoor space at the Community Center to hold a meeting or event please submit your request on our MyRec website. For more information about rooms and rates, please visit our Building Policies page.
Our Spaces Are Safe for Your Return
Please visit the Community Center Ventilation Report (PDF) for more information.
While We Were Closed During the Pandemic
Your Community Center — Current & Future
- A multigenerational, multicultural, and inclusive space
- Technology-enabled large and small meeting spaces for community use
- Senior Services programs for a healthy, active retirement
- Classes, programs, and activities for people of all ages and abilities
- Specialized youth and family programs
- Opportunities for community-initiated programs
- Fitness, wellness. and cardio rooms for health and wellbeing
- Games, billiards, and table tennis rooms available for drop-in use
- Support services for families, seniors, youth, and veterans
- Elmer Bull Fix-It Shop, Windowpane Shop, craft rooms, and classroom spaces for teaching and learning
- Public Wi-Fi, refreshment lounge, and plenty of sunlit spaces for reading and thinking
- Accessible via Lexpress and the MBTA
- Centralized location for community connections, information, transportation services, and making the most out of life in Lexington
The Lexington Community Center is a division of the Recreation and Community Programs Department.