Please note: Use the Contact Us link on the right if you have any questions or concerns for the Engineering Division (such as capital projects and related construction, as well as permits related to driveways, road opening, or Town-owned utility connections).
Please contact DPW operations directly to report water, sewer, or road issues. DPW operations also includes recycling, parks, and forestry. Their number is 781 274-8300.
All permitting is now online! Find out more about OpenGov/ViewPoint Cloud.
Description of Services
Engineering Division responsibilities include:
- Administering the Capital Budget for the Town's infrastructure, including water and sewer systems as well as streets.
- Preparing and reviewing plans, specifications, and bids for Public Works capital construction projects.
- Seeking grants.
- Overseeing, inspecting, and keeping records for water/sewer installation and drain construction.
- Issuing appropriate permits.
- Inspecting all subdivision construction for conformance to Town standards.
- Maintaining public records concerning street lines, grades, land, and lotting.
The Engineering Division includes all engineering programs and provides engineering support for other Town departments, boards, and committees.
You can find us on the second floor of the Hadley Public Services Building at 201 Bedford Street. Our building is LEED Silver and fully accessible. See information about accessibility in our public buildings.