The Hazardous Waste Program is located at:
Minuteman Household Hazardous Products Regional Facility
Lexington Composting Facility
60 Hartwell Avenue
Lexington, MA 02421
Register for 2023 Hazardous Waste Collection coming soon
2023 Collection Dates To Be Announced
Who Can Participate
Residents from Arlington, Bedford, Belmont, Concord, Lexington, Lincoln, Waltham and Watertown are the only communities allowed and must pre-registration online. The household hazardous waste collections at the Minuteman Facility is for member towns only. Anyone who is not from a member town will be turned away.
- Hazardous materials will only be accepted from trunks, the backs of SUVs, and pick-up truck beds. Do not bring items in your back seat or other areas of your car/truck.
- Please do not exit your vehicle for any reason.
- Face coverings are mandatory.
- Please do not roll down your vehicle windows.
- Your Driver’s license must be available and held up to your window for registration on-site.
- Please do not bring containers that you want back. No containers will be returned.
See additional Information and Guidelines (PDF).
Directions to the Facility
- From Route128 take Exit 31 (Route 4/225 heading towards Bedford).
- At the first light take a right, via jug handle, onto Hartwell Avenue.
- The composting facility site is 0.25 miles on the left just after the bike path.
Description of Services
Residents of Lexington and participating communities may help protect the environment by taking common household hazardous products (see the full list) to the Minuteman Facility on Hartwell Avenue in Lexington.
- Please bring identification and proof of residency with you to the center.
- Please do not make multiple trips per event. This slows down the event and it increases the cost to your town as each town is assessed a fee based on the quantity of material per car brought to the site.
- The Minuteman Hazardous Products Facility reserves the right to refuse unidentified materials or unacceptable amounts of hazardous waste.
- Tighten caps and lids
- Leave materials in original containers
- Pad boxes with newspaper to minimize spills
- Never mix chemicals
- Drive directly to the Center
- Do not smoke