The Department of Public Works periodically holds shredding events for residents to safely dispose of documents containing personal and/or sensitive information. Bring any paper you're looking to safely dispose of, and watch as it's shredded in front of you.
Please do not bring junk mail to be shredded, and please do not bring plastic bags.
- Saturday, May 27 from 9am to noon
- Saturday, June 24 from 9am to noon
Events are held at the Lexington Composting Facility, located at:
60 Hartwell Avenue
Lexington, MA 02421
Health / Safety Requirements
- This event is for paper only. Paper files, etc. in a cardboard box are acceptable, but boxes will not be returned.
- Paper will only be accepted from trunks, the backs of SUVs, and pick-up truck beds. Do not bring paper to be shredded in your back seat or other areas of your car/truck.
- Please do not exit your vehicle.
- Your Driver’s license must be available and held up to your window to track who has dropped off paper.
- Please do not bring containers that you want back. No containers will be returned.
For questions, contact the Environmental Services Division at 781-274-8334.