Engineering Construction Projects
DWhile every effort is made to keep this website up to date, changes occur dynamically and website updates cannot keep up with moment to moment conditions. This applies to detours which are set daily in the field by Town personnel in conjunction with the Lexington Police Department.
Projects Under Construction
Non-Town of Lexington Projects
- 2022 Paving Program (updated August 15, 2022):
See below for the list of roads in the traditional paving contract (roads that have the base removed and then repaved) as well as roads in the surfacing contract (topped with treatment but not excavated) Any questions about the paving program should be directed to the paving hotline: 781 274-8905 or email@example.com
- 2022 Paving/Surfacing Map
- 2022 Surfacing List
- 2022 Paving List
- Paving and Surfacing Technique Descriptions
- 2022 Sewer Cleaning and Lining Contract (Updated July 18, 2022) Lexington Phase 8 Sewer System Improvements. Work includes cleaning and video inspection of sewer mains as well as manhole rehabilitation and spot sewer repair/relays. Any questions or concerns can be directed to the email of Marissa Liggiero.
- Phase 8 Construction is complete except for the following dig repairs: Marrett Road at Tufts Road (waiting on DOT final comments and approval) 433 Marrett Road (waiting on DOT final comments and approval) Bloomfield Street sewer lateral repair (to be repaired when N&M Excavation returns to make the Marrett Road repairs)
- Valleyfield, Grassland, and Waltham Streets Drainage Improvements Project (Updated March 29, 2022) The project includes storm drain improvements, culvert replacement, and related work on Valleyfield Street, Grassland Street, and Waltham Street near Brookside Avenue. Any questions can be directed to the email of Marissa Liggiero.
- Pelham Road Reconstruction (Updated June 16, 2022) Once more work is scheduled, information will be posted here.
- Oxbow Road and Constitution Road Drainage Improvements Phase 1 (Updated September 20, 2021 ) Kiln Brook Culvert Daylighting Project includes drainage improvements in front of 27/29 Constitution road and includes daylight an existing outfall, installing a culvert, roadway infrastructure improvements and wetland improvements.
Construction is currently underway. The project includes daylighting an existing drainage outfall, installing a culvert and vegetated wall, roadway infrastructure improvements and wetland modifications. There are currently minor traffic implications and no road closures or detours, however residents are encouraged to seek alternate routes around the work area if possible, and to follow directions by detail officers. Towards the end of October, work will include construction in the roadway and a road closure or limited travel is expected. Work is scheduled to be completed before the end of this construction season.
If you have any questions please email Matt Weisman or email Ross Morrow.
- Intersection Improvements: Mass. Avenue at Worthen Road (Updated July 5, 2022) Poles have been erected and utility companies are in the process of transferring over wires. This project entails roadway pavement reconstruction, sidewalk and wheelchair ramps, improved traffic operations and safety, improved pedestrian access and safety, signs and pavement markings. If you have any questions please contact Ross Morrow.