- Engineering Construction Projects
Engineering Construction Projects
While every effort is made to keep this website up to date, changes occur dynamically and website updates cannot keep up with moment to moment conditions. This applies to detours which are set daily in the field by Town personnel in conjunction with the Lexington Police Department.
Projects Under Construction
Non-Town of Lexington Projects
The Mass. Water Resources Authority (MWRA) is working on Lowell Street at Summer Street, and there is a partial road closure/truck detour. Work will continue until December 9th at which time it will wrap for the season. The Town of Burlington project on Lowell St has wrapped up for the season. Both projects kick off again in April, 2023. The Town Of Lexington working with the MWRA will be making water system improvements in parts of Lowell Street as well beginning in 2023.
See the bottom of the page for other important Non-Town related construction information including road closures related to those projects.
Town of Lexington Projects
Center Streetscape Project was completed in November, 2022. Punchlist and extra work will be done in Spring of 2023. Please visit the Center Streetscape Project webpage for details and schedule when available.
Battle Green Streetscape Project begins April, 2023 and has a dedicated webpage! Battle Green Streetscape webpage.
- 2023 Paving Program (Updated March 3, 2023) Stay tuned for details for the 2023 paving program, which will be posted soon.
- Valleyfield, Grassland, and Waltham Streets Drainage Improvements Project (Updated March 3, 2023) The project includes storm drain improvements, culvert replacement, and related work on Valleyfield Street, Grassland Street, and Waltham Street near Brookside Avenue. Also included in this project is the traffic lights upgrade on Waltham Street at Brookside Avenue. Any questions can be directed to the email of Marissa Liggiero.
- Oxbow Road and Constitution Road Drainage Improvements Phase 1 (Updated December 20, 2022) Kiln Brook Culvert Daylighting Project includes drainage improvements in front of 27/29 Constitution road and includes daylight an existing outfall, installing a culvert, roadway infrastructure improvements and wetland improvements. Phase I is now complete and being monitored. Phase II is expected to take place in 2023. This phase will include increasing drainage pipe sizes on Oxbow Rd, and installing a new section of drain line and drainage structures on Oxbow and Constitution Rd. Minor traffic implications are expected during construction. Plans and more project information will be available soon. Please email Matt Weisman or email Ross Morrow if you have questions in the meantime.
- Phase 9 Sewer System Improvements (Updated March 3, 2023) This project includes sewer repairs and rehabilitations for both structural and infiltration related defects. Infiltration is clean water from below the ground (groundwater) that enters the sewer system through defective pipes and structures. This “clean” water takes up valuable space and capacity in the sewer pipes that would normally be available for wastewater. It can cause the pipe and service conditions to back-up and potentially overflow during extreme wet weather conditions, and it costs the Town’s sewer rate payers money to send this “clean” water to the MWRA system. In order to correct many of these issues, repairs and rehabilitations are being made as part of this project. We will update the website once scheduling has been set for this construction season. Any questions or issues can be directed to Marissa Liggiero at email@example.com.
- Hayden Ave Pump Station Upgrades (Updated March 3, 2023) Hayden station includes a replacement of the existing below grade suction-lift style station with a new submersible type station. It also includes a new power service. The station includes new pumps/motors, controls, valve vault, new permanent standby power generator, piping and landscaping. This project has wetlands/groundwater and slope challenges. The contractor, DeFelice, plans to start construction on March 20, 2023. Please use caution when driving past the job site. Any questions or issues can be directed to Marissa Liggiero at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Projects by Other Entities Affecting Lexington
- MWRA/Town of Burlington Water main projects will began April, 2022 along Lowell St from the North Ave to Summer Street. These are two different contracts. This work is expected to take place over two construction seasons. Find out details of these projects.