Emergency Financial Assistance
Emergency Financial Assistance is available to Lexington residents through the Lexington Emergency Assistance Fund (LEAF)
What is LEAF?
LEAF is a collection of funds specifically setup to provide financial assistance to Lexington residents experiencing an unexpected financial crisis. LEAF can provide limited financial help for critical needs when other funding sources are unavailable or have been exhausted.
To Be Eligible, You Must
- Be a resident of Lexington for at least 3 months.
- Provide proof of residency and income, and other information as requested to complete your application.
- Have a household income that is within these Assistance Income Guidelines (PDF).
- Develop a plan for how you will manage financial needs in the future with a Human Services Department Social Worker.
- Complete Application for Financial Assistance (PDF) and email it to the Human Services Department. If you don't have access to email/internet, please contact the Human Services Department at 781-698-4840.
- A Human Services Department Social Worker will contact you to complete a financial assessment, then submit the documentation.
- An internal team reviews each application. If approved, the situation is presented to the funding source for final approval, keeping your identity private. All decisions are made on a case-by-case basis.
- Approved funds are distributed directly to the entity requiring payment.
- The Social Worker will also work with you to connect you with other support.
If you have any questions or need other help or services. Contact Human Services