Domestic Violence Resources
What is domestic violence? Does your partner:
- Call you names or put you down by insulting you?
- Isolate you from your friends, family and social gatherings?
- Control your money, where you spend it, and how?
- Threaten you with violence, physically hurt you, or tell you they will kill themselves if you don't comply?
You may be in an abusive relationship.
Resources to Help
- If you're in immediate danger, call 911
- For information on how to file a restraining order visit Mass Legal Help
- Safety Planning - Tips from Survivors of Domestic Violence (PDF)
If You Need to Talk to Someone Right Away Contact
- Domestic Violence Services Network Inc. (DVSN) - is Lexington's partner agency. Free and confidential helpline: 888-399-6111
- SafeLink - statewide, toll-free, domestic violence hotline, 877-785-2020. Operated by Casa Myrna.
- RAINN - National sexual assault hotline. Available 24/7 call 800-656-HOPE or contact them via live chat.
Human Services Department
- Social Workers can be reached for a free and confidential conversation
- Phone: 781-698-4840
- Hours: Monday through Friday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Asian Task Force Against Domestic Violence - 24/7 multilingual helpline: 617-338-2355
- Jane Doe, Inc. Massachusetts Coalition Against Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence
- Journey to Safety
- Massachusetts Alliance of Portuguese Speakers (MAPS) provides a wide range of health and human services to Portuguese speakers and other residents of eastern Massachusetts.
- Mass Legal Help provides legal information.
- REACH - 800-899-4000 - they are free, confidential, and available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. They can talk to you and connect you with other resources.
- Saheli - is dedicated to helping South Asian women in Boston and surrounding areas. Confidential helpline: 1-866-4SAHELI (response within 24 hours)
- The Network La Red works to end partner abuse in lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, BDSM, polyamorous and queer communities.
- Women's Bar Foundation Family Law Project for Battered Women - providing legal services to low income survivors of domestic violence.