Prior Presentations and Meetings
- October 19, 2021 Public Forum
- The Town of Lexington held the first of three public forums. At this first meeting there will be a short presentation outlining the current conditions of the roads, issues and opportunities and the project objectives, elements and schedule. Presentation Slides (PDF) and Video of the Meeting.
- Joint Planning Board - Select Board Meeting July 26, 2021 Presentation Slides (PDF).
About the Project
Spring of 2021, the Town hired VHB, Inc. to develop 25% design level plans for complete streets reconstruction that addresses safety, traffic flow and pedestrian, bicycle, transit - alternative modes of transportation. VHB is currently conducting an existing conditions survey and collecting and analyzing environmental, land use, transportation and safety data. Special Fall Town Meeting 2019-1 appropriated $1,500,000 for design and engineering services for this project.
- Improve Mobility and Accessibility of all users of the circulation and transportation systems including public transit, pedestrians, cyclists and motor vehicles
- Improve safety for all users
- Improve aesthetic of the corridor
- Minimize / mitigate negative impacts on residential streets
- Facilitate a clear, inclusive and transparent design process
For information on related studies please visit the Bedford/Hartwell Background Info Page on the Planning Division's website.