General Program & Registration Information
- All program registration is on a "first come - first served" basis via walk-in registration, telephone, or by using our Online Registration Program. Full payment is due at the time of registration unless otherwise noted. Registration may be limited due to space limitations and/or appropriate staff support.
- Payment may be made in cash, check (made out to Town of Lexington), or by credit card (Mastercard, Visa, or Discover). There is a $25 service fee for all returned checks.
- Non-resident registrations are accepted in some programs, space permitting, at an additional rate of $10 for youth and adult programs and $5 for ages 60+ programs. Starting dates for non-resident registrations are 1 week after resident registration begins, unless otherwise noted.
- Late registration may be accepted subject to space availability.
- The Department reserves the right to cancel, postpone, or modify classes to maximize enrollment and use of space.
- The Department operates through a self-supporting funding model through the Recreation Enterprise Fund.
- Financial Assistance (Online Form) is available for all Recreation and Community Programs Department sponsored programs, services, and memberships.
Program Cancellations & Changes
- Weather-related cancellations or change of locations due to weather will be posted online. In some instances, the Department will try to notify participants of a change or cancellation by email.
- The Department relies upon access to the Lexington Public Schools and the availability of the other municipal facilities for indoor space. Due to ongoing projects, school, town and department services and activities are subject to change at any time. Participants will be notified by email of any location changes.
- To cancel a program or service, a request form must be submitted a minimum of two weeks prior to the start of a registered program or service.
- Cancellations received less than two weeks prior to the start of a program or service do not qualify for a credit.
- A $25 processing fee will be incurred for all cancellations unless otherwise noted. The remaining balance will be in the form of a credit to the household account in which the original registration was made.
- Credit requests may be given for medical reasons and must be accompanied by a physician's note to process the request. In the event a program is canceled due to low enrollment or inclement weather (only when a make-up is not available), a full refund will be given.
- Cancellations due to low enrollment and other non-weather related reasons will be sent to participants via email.
View the Credit Policy (PDF).
- Confirmation of registration is made via transaction receipt in person or via email through the point of sale system.
- Registrants will be notified of any program cancellations or wait lists due to enrollment.