- Boards & Committees
- Board of Health
Board of Health
Town Office Building
1625 Massachusetts Avenue
Lexington, MA 02420
BOH Meeting Schedule
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Please scroll to the appropriate page in the Committee Member Report.
Appointed by the Town Manager, the 5 member Lexington Board of Health acts as an advisory and oversight Board to the Lexington Public Health Division.
In addition, the Board of Health is held responsible, (under various Massachusetts General Laws), for disease prevention and control, and health and environmental protection and promoting a healthy community. Lexington Board of Health members frequently reference Massachusetts Department of Public Health and Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection protocols.
The Lexington Board of Health develops, implements and enforces local health regulations, oversees environmental health inspections to maintain minimum standards for sanitation in housing and food service, and assures that the basic health needs of their community are being met.
Check out the COVID-19 page for more information.
- Article III- Smoking and Tobacco Products
- Article IX- Groundwater and Water Supply Protection
- Article V- Use of Recombinant DNA Molecule Technology
- Article VI- Animals
- Article VIII- Floor Drains
- Article X- Private Wells
- Article XI- Dumpsters
- Article XII- On Site Sewage Disposal Systems
- Article XIII- Food Establishments
- Article XIV- Nuisances
- Article XIX- Regulations Governing the Practice of Bodywork
- Article XV- Asbestos Removal, Containment and Encapsulation
- Article XVI- Bathing Places
- Article XVII- Body Art Establishments and Practitioners (PDF), amended 2022
- Article XVIII- Grease Interceptor Requirements for Food Service Facilities
- Article XX- Recreational Camps for Children