- Boards & Committees
- Board of Appeals
Board of Appeals
The role of the Board of Appeals is to:
- Hear and decide administrative appeals.
- Hear and decide applications for special permits.
- Hear and decide petitions for zoning variances.
View the Board Charge.
See the current meeting schedule (PDF).
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Please call the Board of Appeals at 781-698-4534 with any questions you may have.
- 5 full members, 6 associate
- Appointed by: Select Board
- Term: Full members - 5 years, Associate members - 1 year
Please scroll to the appropriate page in the Committee Member Report.
- Have lived in Lexington for at least eight years;
- Have significant experience and activity in town affairs related to matters within the purview of the Board of Appeals; and
- Have no major land-holding interest in Lexington.
It is highly desirable that the Board of Appeals include people with various specialties such as:
- Legal training and experience
- Engineering background
- Environmental and/or conservation experience
- Architectural and/or design training
Board of Appeals Application Fees
|Type of Application||Residential||Non-Residential|
|Special Permit Renewal||$100||$200|
|Special Permit Minor Revision||$100||$200|