Recreation programs and events for individuals of all ages and abilities.
Sign up for our newsletter!
Watch the Therapeutic Recreation Month video!
We service individuals with diagnoses that include but are not limited to Autism Spectrum disorder, Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Down Syndrome, Learning Disability, Intellectual Disability, Traumatic Brain Injury, and Visual Impairments, Hearing Impairments and Physical Disabilities.
The goal of Therapeutic Recreation programs
- Enhance / Enrich Quality of Life
- Increase Independence
- Enhance / Foster Social Skills
- Increase physical activity
- Enhance / Foster Community Engagement opportunities
- Work on individualized goals and objectives through Recreation and leisure
- Increase Recreational opportunities for People with Disabilities
What is Therapeutic Recreation?
Therapeutic Recreation is a process that utilizes recreation and leisure programming as a means to enhance/maintain physical, cognitive, social, emotional and spiritual domains. Therapeutic Recreation provides specialized and inclusive programs for individuals of all abilities.
Have questions or comments? Contact Us.
View the Therapeutic Recreation Newsletter in our Archive Center.