Planning Forms & Regulations
Current Zoning Bylaw & Map
Zoning is the principal way the Town regulates the use of land within its borders. The Bylaw consists of two parts, the text and the map; both are available below.
- Ecode Zoning Bylaw - Please note the 2021 ATM zoning amendments are not yet codified by Ecode, but can be found in the "PDF Zoning Bylaw" (PDF).
- 2022 Zoning Bylaw (PDF) - updated through Annual Town Meeting 2022
- 2022 Zoning Map (PDF) - updated through Annual Town Meeting 2022
Lexington's Development Regulations provide procedures and standards for developing and/or dividing parcels of land into smaller parcels for development.
- Chapter 175, The Planning Board Subdivision Regulations
- Chapter 176, The Planning Board Zoning Regulations - Please note the following amendments are not yet codified in Ecode.
Previous Zoning Bylaws
- 2021 Zoning Bylaw (PDF) - updated through Annual Town Meeting 2021
Moderate Income Units Guidelines
Town of Lexington Moderate income guidelines voted January 5, 2022
Both of the Board's Regulations reference material used by the Registry of Deeds and Land Court when preparing plans and documents for recording and/or registration. These documents can be found by following the links:
- Registry of Deeds: Deed Indexing Standards for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
The Web version of the Town of Lexington, Massachusetts Zoning Bylaw, Zoning Map, and Planning Board Regulations are provided for reference and convenience. The print version of these documents, with any amendments, remain the official versions. If any discrepancies exist between the print and web versions of the Zoning Bylaw, the Zoning Map or the Development Regulations, the print version, together with any amendments, shall be considered correct.