Information for Families Stationed at Hanscom AFB
We know you have great facilities at Hanscom, but we welcome active duty Hanscom military personnel and families to make use of these Lexington resources.
Lexington's Community Center and Department of Recreation & Community Programs
Enjoy our Community Center and the programs given by Recreation and Community Programs.
You and your family are welcome to:
- Register for programs at the same rate Lexington residents pay - here is our latest brochure
- Purchase individual or family swim tags at the resident rate. These are good at the Irving H. Mabee Town Pool Complex and the Old Reservoir.
- Use the Community Center facilities, including 2 pool tables, 2 ping pong tables and a small workout room
- Enjoy our Center Recreation area, which includes the Pool Complex, a surfaced track, tennis courts and playground equipment for all ages
The Community Center is located at 39 Marrett Road, and shares a driveway with the Scottish Rite Masonic Museum and Library.
Cary Memorial Library
Cary Library is Lexington's public library, located at 1874 Massachusetts Avenue
- 9 am to 9 pm, Monday through Thursday
- 9 am to 5 pm, Friday through Saturday
- 1 pm to 5 pm, Sunday (during the school year - closed Sundays in the summer)
The Library is a member of the Minuteman regional consortium of libraries. You may visit any of these libraries to get a library card, or register online for a card that is good for 6 months, then go to any Minuteman library to get a permanent card. This gives you access to our large selection on online books and resources, as well as our in-house collections. Also, any Massachusetts resident with a library card can sign up online to take advantage of the Boston Public Library's even larger array of online materials.
Our library has a wonderful Children's Room, a great space just for teens, study rooms and lots of places to sit and read. There are public computers, free Wi-Fi, and printers and scanners available. And if you have any questions, or need help finding anything, our Reference Librarians love to help! Visit them in the Library, or call 781-862-6288.
You and your family are also welcome to take part in all of our hundreds of programs and activities. See our Program Calendar.
Lexington Community Education
Our Community Education programs cover a wide range of topics, and they are open to all. For more information, visit the Community Education website.