Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Minutes
- Members: 7
- Appointed By: Board of Selectmen
- Term: 3 years
Members should have enthusiasm for good health, safety, and sound planning. The Committee seeks nominations for membership from school PTA organizations.
The Sidewalk Committee will advise the Board of Selectmen on sidewalk policies. The Committee seeks broad citizen input to support and encourage the implementation of the recommendations of the Transportation Element of the Comprehensive Plan for increasing pedestrian activity and reducing traffic. The Committee will:
- Consider the adequacy of the town-wide sidewalk network to safely address the Town's recreation and transportation needs
- Recommend policy for sidewalk construction and maintenance, including financing and a prioritization strategy
- Work with the school PTAs and School Department to implement and sustain a Safe Routes to School program
- Sustain community interest in walking
The Select Board voted to dissolve this committee on August 9, 2021.
The Transportation Safety Group is a Town Manager appointed Working Group which meets monthly to evaluate issues and concerns relative to traffic, transit, pedestrian, bicycle, and parking safety. They handle requests for new sidewalks.