At its meeting on September 6, 2022, the Select Board voted 5-0 to dissolve the Ad Hoc Grain Mill Alley Steering Committee.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Members: 7
- Appointed by: Board of Selectmen (now the Select Board)
- Term: Work completed within 1 Year; November 2015 target for a final recommendation, such that final design and construction funding can be included in the FY17 capital budget request.
Members shall include:
- A member of the Center Committee
- A Planning Board Member
- A Design Advisory Committee member
- A representative of Arts Community
- A young Lexingtonian
- A representative of the Tourism/Visitor Community
From the Committee Charge
The Ad hoc Grain Mill Alley Steering Committee (GMASC) is working to develop a conceptual design, supported by the abutting property owners, which enhances the alley’s aesthetic, offers new utility, and improves the safe passage of pedestrians between the bikeway and the Center’s retail corridor. Work of the Committee includes:
- Choosing a final landscape design recommendation that addresses the three sections of the alley: the intersection at the bikeway, the area between the two buildings, and the public right of way at Mass Avenue
- Supporting installment of temporary street furniture, objects, and/or lighting to gauge the use before and after the installation and inform the final recommendation.
- Working with the property owners at 1761 and 1775 Mass Avenue and the Historic Districts Commission to develop an agreed-upon concept design and make a final recommendation to the Board of Selectmen.
View the Full Committee Charge (PDF).