Emergency Services & Mental Health Agencies
For life-threatening mental health or emotional emergencies, call 911 or go directly to the nearest emergency room.
For mental health or emotional crises that are not immediately life-threatening, call Advocates Psychiatric Emergency Service (PES) at 781-893-2003 to speak to a crisis clinician. Advocates PES is available 24 hours/7 days per week for mobile crisis intervention for children and adults for both mental health/psychiatric emergencies at your home, office or other community locations.
Community-Based Mental Health Agencies
Community-based treatment enables people who are struggling with severe, persistent, mental illnesses ease of access to treatment, rehabilitation and support services. These services can be provided through a variety of social, health and mental health agencies in or around Lexington. Community-based treatment agencies facilitate early treatment, rehabilitation, continuity of care, better protection of human rights, prevention of stigma and ultimately greater users' satisfaction.
Below is a list of Community-Based Mental Health Agencies in the Lexington area. Please note that addresses reflect the main office locations however many of them have satellite offices in the Lexington area. For more information contact the Human Services Department at 781-698-4840.
- Advocates - (508) 628-6300 - 1881 Worcester Rd, Framingham, MA 01701
- The Edinburg Center - 781-862-3600 - 205 Burlington Rd, Bedford, MA 01730
- Eliot Community Human Services - 781-861-0890 - 125 Hartwell Ave, Lexington, MA 02421
- NAMI Central Middlesex - 781-982-3318 - NAMI of Central Middlesex is a non-profit organization of individuals with mental illnesses, their families, and their friends, serving the towns of Central and Eastern Middlesex County.
- Riverside Community Care - 781-329-0909 - 270 Bridge St., Suite 301, Dedham, MA 02026
- Southbay Community Services - 508-521-2200 - 1115 West Chestnut St, Brockton, MA 02301
- Wayside Youth & Family Support Network - 508-879-9800 - 1 Frederick Abbott Way, Framingham, MA 01701