Getting a Dog License:
- You must have proof of a rabies vaccination in order to get a license for your dog
- If we have a current rabies certificate on file for your dog - that is, one with an expiration date after April 14, 2023, you can pay online and receive your license tag in the mail
- If this is a new dog, or we don't have a current rabies certificate, you must fill out the online application and mail or bring it to the Town Clerk's Office.
Late fees have been reinstated for 2023. Please license before April 14th to avoid these fees!
Dog Licenses Provide:
- A better chance of getting home if your dog is lost - it's the fastest way for us to access owner information
- Proof of rabies vaccination - only dogs that are vaccinated can get licenses
- A social life - many places, including groomers, dog parks and dog-friendly hotels, require dog licenses
- Bling - dogs can proudly show off their new Lexington license tags - the shape was chosen by the children in Lexington Schools!
- AND - it's the law. In Massachusetts, all dogs 6 months of age or older are required to be licensed.