All you have to do is call 988, and you'll be connected to someone who can help.
It's free and confidential
It's not just for people thinking about suicide — it's for anyone who is needs some emotional support, for things like:
- drug or alcohol abuse
- sexual or gender identity
- mental or physical illness
- money worries
Others ways to access Lifeline for help:
What Happens When I Call?
- You'll hear a message that you've reached the 988 Suicide & Crisis Hotline
- You'll hear a little hold music while the system connects you to the nearest Lifeline network crisis center.
- A skilled, trained crisis worker will talk with you, understand how your problem is affecting you, provide support, and share any resources that may be helpful.