The Town’s first-ever Participatory Budgeting (PB for short) cycle has kicked off, and we need YOUR ideas for how to invest $500,000!
PB is a process where a certain amount of public money is set aside for the community to directly decide how it’s spent (this is different than the Town’s annual operating and capital budgets!).
- Submit Ideas - Community submits ideas on how to spend the funds
- Proposal Development - Town staff vet ideas for cost and feasibility and develop them into proposals that can be voted on
- Vote on Proposals - Residents vote on their favorite proposals
- Implementation - Winning projects are implemented
There are certain criteria that must be met for the project to be eligible:
- Benefits the public
- Are one-time expenditures that cost $500,000 or less
- Are capital projects (something bought or built)
- Are implemented by the Town of Lexington on Town property
Examples of projects that you could submit could be:
- Water fountains in a park
- Electric vehicle charging stations
- Bicycle repair station
- Accessibility improvements
- Planting trees
Fill out this form to submit your idea
The deadline to submit your idea is Friday, September 16.
PB Info Session - August 2
Town staff will host an upcoming info session for those interested in learning more about Participatory Budgeting. Staff will give a brief presentation, and will then open it up to questions from the audience.
Tuesday, August 2
6 PM until 7 PM
View the details for the PB Info Session
Translation services are available upon request in Mandarin, Korean, and Hindi. Email Sean Dugan for assistance.
렉싱턴의 발전을 위한 당신의 아이디어를 보내주십시오. 요청하시면 번역 서비스가 제공됩니다
लेक्सिंगटन को बेहतर बनाने के लिए अपने विचार प्रस्तुत करें। अनुरोध पर अनुवाद सेवाएं उपलब्ध हैं।
Learn More About PB
More information on Participatory Budgeting is available on our PB webpage.