Tips for Saving Water
When in Drought or Not - Please Do Your Part!
Outdoor Water Use
- Limit lawn watering, especially during a drought
- Minimize landscape water needs through water-smart landscaping principles
- Minimize your use of water outdoors.
Indoor Water Use
- Choose high-efficiency plumbing products and appliances
- Turn off water while brushing teeth or shaving: "Never Let the Water Run"
- Take shorter showers (5 minutes or less) and use water-saving showerheads
- Wash only full loads of laundry and dishes
- Fix leaks! Dripping faucets and leaking toilets, pipes, and appliances can add up to hundreds of gallons of water lost per week.
- Create a kitchen compost bin instead of using the garbage disposal
- Collect and reuse clean household water (water running while you wait for hot water to reach your faucet or shower; leftover water from cooking, etc.) and use this to water plants
Provided by Mass.gov