The holder of a Learner's Permit may only operate a motor vehicle:
- when accompanied by an operator duly licensed by his state of residence
- who is 21 years of age or over
- who has had at least one year of driving experience
- who is occupying a seat beside the driver
A Permit holder who is under the age of 18 may not operate a motor vehicle between the hours of midnight. (midnight) and 5 am unless accompanied by his parent or legal guardian, who must:
- be a licensed operator with at least one year of driving experience
- whose license or right to operate is not revoked or suspended
The holder of a Learner's Permit may not operate in another state if it is in violation of that state's law.
The holder of a Learner's Permit must be in physical possession of the Permit when operating a motor vehicle.
The holder of a motorcycle Learner's Permit (Class M) may not carry passengers and may not operate after sunset or before sunrise.