How to Obtain an Abutters List and Labels

Note: These instructions are for creating lists of abutters of parcel boundaries. If you need to create a list of abutters for a point or some other type of location, please contact the Assessor's Office.

  1. Open the GIS map using this link. It will open in a separate browser tab or window.
  2. Click the "Search" button at the top of the map. This will open a menu where you can search for properties by owner name, property address, or property ID (map-lot).

  3. Click on the property you want, and the map will zoom to the parcel and highlight it.

    NOTE: If the parcel you're searching for does not show up in the results, contact the Assessor's Office.
  4. Click on the Abutters List icon 

    Enter the Distance in feet for the type of permit you need:

    • Conservation Commission: 100 ft
    • Historic Commission: 100 ft
    • Historic District Commission: 100 ft
    • Board of Appeals: 300 ft

  5. The map will now show the highlighted buffer area, and outline all the parcels within that buffer in red. All abutters will be listed.
    NOTE: If a property that falls within the buffer area is not highlighted, contact the Assessor's Office.
    Click on the Download button, and a list of 3 documents will appear. Click on each document to download it to your computer.

    Spreadsheet: a Microsoft Excel format spreadsheet with abutters names and addresses
    Mailing labels: a pdf containing abutters names and addresses, formatted to print on Avery 5160 labels or the equivalent (1" x 2-5/8" address labels in sheets of 3 across and 10 down).
    Abutters Report: a report of abutting properties containing property ID and other information on each abutting property.
  6. Residents:
    Mail the abutter notifications as instructed in your permit application.
    NOTE: If you require an expedited abutter's request, please bring this paperwork to the Assessor's Office, get it signed, then take it to the permitting department.

    Town Departments:
    Save each of the 3 documents in the appropreate folder and complete the Abutters Request Form.

If you have any questions, please contact the permitting department.