Current Project Updates (Week of September 27, 2021)
- Sidewalk work will continue on Waltham Street. Once complete, crews will move to the area in front of Cary Hall and the police station for sidewalk excavation.
- Please note, the loop in front of Cary Hall will be closed to all vehicular and pedestrian traffic during sidewalk excavation. Parking and access to both Cary Hall and the police station will be available at the rear of the buildings. Once sidewalk excavation is complete, the sidewalks will be reopened as compacted crushed stone, similar to other areas of the project.
- We anticipate each of these work zones being active for 2-4 weeks.
Please anticipate no parking in these areas during working hours. Pedestrian access will remain open at all times, but may be detoured temporarily. We anticipate each of these work zones being active for 2-4 weeks.
As mentioned last week, supply chain delays with parking meter posts has forced crews to leave more sidewalk work areas open than anticipated. We anticipate our contractor to begin installing posts at the Baptist Church as soon as next week. Concrete sidewalks will begin to be installed on Wednesday 9/29
To bring sidewalks back to a concrete surface as quickly as possible, crews will work a 5-day work week next week (Monday through Friday).
As always, access to businesses will remain open at all times. Please remember to check our interactive map for the latest construction work zones.
- Bid opening results
- A letter has been sent to abutters
- A resident engineer has been selected.
Find out more about the resident engineer.
- See the video from the May 5 Community Information Session
The Project in a Nutshell
The Center Streetscape Project includes streets and sidewalks along Massachusetts Avenue from Clarke Street (next to the Library), to near the Police Station Driveway (see map at right).
Reconstruction of the Woburn Street/Massachusetts Avenue intersection is not a part of this project.