Current Project Updates (Week of June 14, 2021)
- The week of June 28, speed limits will be lowered to 20 MPH in an area in and around Lexington Center.
- Construction materials have been ordered, and we are awaiting their arrival.
- Roadway drainage work may begin the week of June 28 - more details coming soon.
- We're working on the details of the construction schedule, in terms of where the work will start, and we will share that information when it's available. Soon we will be posting an interactive map that will tell you current work zones, as well as anticipated work in the weeks ahead.
- Bid opening results
- A letter has been sent to abutters
- A resident engineer has been selected.
Find out more about the resident engineer.
- See the video from the May 5 Community Information Session
The Project in a Nutshell
The Center Streetscape Project includes streets and sidewalks along Massachusetts Avenue from Clarke Street (next to the Library), to near the Police Station Driveway (see map at right).
Reconstruction of the Woburn Street/Massachusetts Avenue intersection is not a part of this project.