The Department of Public Facilities manages design and construction of Lexington's town owned buildings and schools.
While every effort is made to keep this website updated, changes occur daily and we will do our best to keep up with changing conditions.
Maria Hastings Elementary School
- Students return to their new shool after the February vacation!
- The new building construction is adjacent to the existing Hastings School.
- The school will accomodate 645 students.
- The planned opening is February 2020.
- Find out more about the Maria Hastings Elementary School Construction Project.
Lexington Children's Place (LCP)
- The new LCP is located at 20 Pelham Road.
- The LCP opened on time for the 2019 school year.
- Find out more about the Lexington Children's Place Project.
Fire & Rescue Headquarters
- The New Fire and Rescue Headquarters construction is at 45 Bedford Street.
- Temporary Fire and Rescue Headquarters is located at 173 Bedford Street.
- The planned opening is Spring 2020.
- Find out more about the New Fire and Rescue HQ Construction Project.
- The New Visitors Center construction is at 1875 Massachusetts Avenue.
- The temporary Visitors Center is located at Cary Memorial Building, 1605 Massachusetts Avenue.
- The planned opening is April 2020.
- Find out more about the New Visitor Center Construction Project.