While every effort is made to keep this website up to date, changes occur dynamically and website updates cannot keep up with moment to moment conditions. This applies to detours which are set daily in the field by Town personnel in conjunction with the Lexington Police Department.
Projects Under Construction
See the bottom of the page for other important Non-Town related construction information.
- 2019 Paving Program (updated 12/3/19)
- Traditional Paving Contract Paving is complete! Any outstanding punchlist items including seeding and shoulder work will take place in the spring.
- Surface Treatment Surface treatments have been applied and this work is done! Any outstanding punchlist items will be addressed in the spring.
Information about both contracts
- Power Point Presentation Explaining the Techniques Used for Surfacing
- Description of surfacing and resurfacing techniques
- 2019 Paving/Surfacing Map
- Phase 7 Sewer System Improvements (posted 12/3/19) Work includes cleaning, lining, inspection, testing and sealing of sewer mains throughout Town.
- Community Center Walkway Improvement (posted 12/3/19) Work is suspended for the winter. Crews will be back out in the spring. The work for this project includes, but is not limited to, excavation, grading, and constructing a new concrete sidewalk, drainage structures, reconstruction of existing wall, handicap ramps, solar light bollards, and other miscellaneous work.
- Drainage Improvements (posted 9/27/19) Project includes drainage improvements on Munroe, Tyler and Paul Revere by way of installation of underground piping, modification of berms and swales and addition of a catch basin respectively.
- Bedford Street Mid-Block Crosswalk Project and MCA Pedestrian Crossing Improvements (posted 8/21/19) The work for this project includes construction of the Bedford Street Mid-Block Crosswalk with High-Intensity Activated Crosswalk beacon (HAWK) signal and Munroe Center of the Arts Pedestrian Cross Improvements, Massachusetts Avenue in the Town of Lexington, Massachusetts.
Projects by other entities affecting Lexington
Work in the roads during the winter is restricted to emergency only. Check back here in spring of 2020 for updates.