Due to weather, paving had to be stopped and will resume overnight Friday, 10/12-Saturday, 10/13 and Sunday, 10/14-Monday, 10/15. Mass Ave will be partially closed allowing Westbound traffic straight through and detouring Eastbound traffic down Marrett to Follen. Maple will be closed at Solomon Pierce and Maple St traffic will be detoured down Solomon Pierce to Woburn St. Overnight work hours are typically from 8pm to 6am. Please plan accordingly and avoid the area if possible.
Weather can alter this schedule.
Below is the two week lookahead for the weeks of October 1st thru October 12th
Week of October 1st :
- Remaining castings in roadway to be raised in preparation of final paving course
- Remaining concrete sidewalks to be poured on project at various locations
- Roadway signage to be installed along entire project
- Hydroseed remaining loam on project
- Traffic signals at Pleasant street intersection will be taken off of flash mode and placed on full function
Week of October 8th:
- Mill roadway at Follen Road, side street approaches to Mass Ave and Mass ave, Marrett Road, Maple street and Pleasant street at project limits
- Tentatively scheduled to pave surface course on entire project. Mass Ave parking areas and side street approaches to Mass Ave to be paved during the day and Maple street, Pleasant Street, Marrett Road, Follen Road and travel lanes of Mass Ave to be paved at night (paving schedule dependent on completion of casting raising and completion of concrete sidewalk pour)
Project Plans: Plan Set
For alternate routes CLICK HERE
There may be some parking restrictions and pedestrian detours which will be signed as necessary. Every effort will be made to maintain two way traffic but delays should be expected. All scheduled work is subject to change due to the weather.
For more information, contact John Livsey, Lexington Town Engineer.
Information and Reports:
- 25% Design Hearing Transcript
- Mass DOT Functional Design Report - Massachusetts Avenue Corridor Improvements [January 2014]