The Town is changing its trash and recycling vendor from JRM to EL Harvey beginning on Monday, July 2, 2018.
There will be no change to your current trash and recycle collection day. Please have your trash and recycling at the curb by 7am the day of your pickup. If your trash and recycling is missed or if you have any questions please contact DPW at 781-274-8300 ext. 1.
We thank you in advance for your patience as the new vendor begins service in Lexington.
Description of Services:
Refuse collection and disposal - EL Harvey is Lexington's trash and recycling vendor. Please call them directly at 1-800-321-3002 for missed trash or recycling pick-up.
- Trash Guidelines
- Bulk Product Pricing (effective March 2018)
- Finished Product Pricing (effective March 2018)
- Visual Recycling Ban
- Trash and Recycling Guidelines & Schedule - printable (includes calendar for all curbside collections)
- Trash and Recycling Schedule by Street Name
- Holidays That Delay Trash/Recycling Pickup
- How Can I Get Rid of...?
- Donate, Don't Dispose
- Recycling Guidelines
- Source Reduction
- Recycling Education
YardWaste and Composting:
- Yard Waste Disposal for Residents
- Yard Waste Disposal for Contractors
- Curbside Pick-up Collection Schedule
- Yard Waste Drop-off Collection Schedule
- Contractor Yard Waste Permit Application
- Compost and Compost Bins
- Soil and Plant Tissue Testing Result
- Lexington Compost Facility Hours and Directions
- Christmas Tree Recycling (see recycling flyer for instructions)
- Collection Dates
- Hazardous Waste, Minuteman Facility
- Alternative Drop-Off Site to Minuteman Facility (Clean Harbors Inc.)
- Hazardous Waste Collections for Small Businesses
- Mercury-Containing Products
- Universal Waste Shed - drop off of mercury items (only)
- Broken Fluorescent Light Bulb (Mercury Containing)
- Medical Waste Disposal Days
Environmentally Friendly Living:
- Earth Easy - tips on natural pest control, non-toxic cleaning, energy efficiency and other environmentally friendly ways to live, grow, eat and play
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Guide to Hazardous Waste Reduction at Home and Work
- Energy Savings in Your Home
- Sustainable Lexington Committee