The Department of Public Works will be having paper shredding collection this spring & fall 2021 for those looking to safely dispose of documents containing personal and/or sensitive information.
Bring any paper you're looking to safely dispose of, and watch as it's shredded in front of you.
Please do not bring junk mail to be shredded, and please do not bring plastic bags.
This event is for Lexington residents only.
Saturday, June 12, 2021
Saturday, September 25, 2021
Saturday, November 13, 2021
9AM to 12PM
Lexington Composting Facility, 60 Hartwell Avenue
COVID-19 Health/Safety Requirements
- This event is for paper ONLY. Paper files, etc. in a cardboard box are acceptable, but boxes will not be returned.
- Paper will ONLY be accepted from trunks, the backs of SUV’s, and pick-up truck beds. Do not bring paper to be shredded in your back seat or other areas of your car/truck.
- Please DO NOT exit your vehicle.
- Face coverings are not required while you are in your vehicle.
- Please DO NOT roll down your vehicle windows.
- Your Driver’s license MUST be available and held up to your window to track who has dropped off paper.
- Please DO NOT bring containers that you want back. NO containers will be returned.
For questions, contact the Environmental Services Division at 781-274-8334.