Oil Burner and Oil Tank permit applications are now online
We will soon be moving all of our permitting online to ViewPoint Cloud.
While our offices are closed to the public, you can reach us by:
- contacting our office at 781-698-4706
- filling out our department's Contact Us form
Fire Prevention Office
173 Bedford Street
Permit applications can be dropped off:
Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
If you have questions, please call 781-698-4706
By appointment - to schedule, call 781-698-4706.
Permit Applications and Information:
- Effective September 1, 2019 all Underground tanks must have a concrete pad under the tank, and tank has to be secured.
- Oil Burner and Aboveground Oil Tank Permit online application
- For all other permits: Permit Application
- Fee Schedule
- Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Detector Certification Application
To apply for a Certificate, you must have:
- complied with all applicable regulations: Guide to Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detector Regulations
- a signed Certification Application
- a check for $50.00 made payable to the Town of Lexington (reinspections are an additional $50)
- your house number must be visible from the street
- Fire Details
- Fire Prevention Tips