The Greenways Corridor Committee identifies, actively plans and recommends the establishment of pedestrian, bicycle and other greenways corridors linking Town conservation, recreation and other open spaces. It also creates links to regional trail systems and other open space in neighboring communities.
Appointed by: Select Board
Term: 3 years
Members should be commited to the community and environmental benefits of developing off-road pedestrian and bicycle corridors and of preserving greenway corridor connections between disparate conservation parcels. Appointments should be made to ensure broad community representation and specifically include representatives of related committees and other groups.
The Committee's projects include:
- developing ACROSS Lexington: The Rick Abrams Memorial Trail Network, which links many of the Town's conservation areas
- supporting the annual Bike Walk 'N Bus Week
- supporting the annual 32-mile Boston Greenbelt Walk
- implementing the West Lexington Greenway Proposal
Help make Lexington a wonderful place to walk.
- Donate to the ACROSS Lexington Fund
- Help maintain our trails
- Share your expertise
Bicycle Advisory Committee
Friends of Lexington Bikeways
Recreation and Community Programs Department