- All remaining COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted, and all industries are permitted to open at 100% capacity
- As of June 15, the State of Emergency was lifted
- There is a local mask mandate in-effect
Town Employees and Town Offices
- All Town office buildings have re-opened to the public. Face coverings are required to enter Town buildings, unless you are medically exempt.
- Community Center Reopening
- See the Cary Library Schedule
The Lexington Board of Health emphasizes that all unvaccinated individuals, including children under the age of 12, are at increased risk of exposure to the virus whenever they are in settings with unmasked individuals. Vaccination and continued mask wearing whenever in close quarters with others, remain our only effective path to continued reduction in COVID case numbers.
Masks are no longer required for outdoor activities like recess and to allow for the sharing of objects in classrooms, in both K-12 and childcare settings.