Lexpress will switch to an ON-DEMAND service starting Monday, March 23, 2020. Rides will be for regular Lexpress riders who are essential workers and riders who need transportation for an essential purpose that cannot be fulfilled otherwise.
We only want people who absolutely have to be out, to ride. People in high-risk categories who usually ride to go shopping or run errands, are encouraged to use Neighbor Brigade for their errands. Neighbor Brigade is a group of trained, CORI checked, local volunteers. You can reach them at: www.neighborbrigade.org or call 855-241-HELP (4357).
To Book a Ride:
- Call 781-861-1210 during office hours (8:30AM-4:30PM Monday-Friday), or leave a voice message outside of those hours
- If you leave a message, please tell us: Your full name, phone #, pick-up date and location, and location and time for drop-off
- Please call at least a day in advance. Due to limited office and driving staff, the more notice we have, the better we can serve you.
- We will accomodate same day rides, if possible.
Hours of On-Demand Service, Areas Served, and Fares:
- Will operate within current Lexpress service hours (6:35AM-6:30PM), but may reduce as needed.
- Will operate within same Lexpress service area (Town of Lexington, and small portion of Arlington to Arlington Heights Busway, and small portion of Burlington currently covered).
- Fares will be FREE to reduce contact with surfaces and driver and to enhance social distancing.
- Again, the goal of retaining some level of service is to serve those that have to be out. Please do not ride if you do not need to be out.
Follow Proper Hygiene and Social Distancing:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and water
- Use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available
- Follow these guidelines from the CDC to make and wear cloth masks
- Clean and disenfect surfaces frequently
- Maintain social distance of 6 feet from others
- Cover coughs and sneezes with tissue or inside of elbow
- Stay home if sick or in a high-risk category (older adults, people with chronic medical conditions, diabetes, heart or lung disease)
Please understand that things are fluid. This is also a new experience for us. We will do our best to serve you, and communicate if changes arise as soon as we can.
For updates on Coronavirus, please see the Town website: www.lexingtonma.gov/COVID19.