Pay Cash on Board
|*Senior/disabled riders board for FREE from 9AM until 2PM.|
Medicare cardholders eligible for senior fare.
|Purchase a Pass|
|One Year*||Six Month||Three Month||One Month**|
*One year pass valid July through June only.
** One month passes begin on the first of the month.
Other Methods of Payment
- Lexpress Ticket Books: 14 tickets for $20
Sold at the Community Center, Michelson's Shoes, the Lexington High School front office, or via mail. Tickets do not expire.
- On Board Ticket Sales: $4.00 round-trip tickets sold on board. Pay $4.00 when boarding the bus, and the driver will give you a free ticket for you next trip.
- After School Flexpass: $50
Flexpass is accepted on Lexpress after 3:10PM on school days only. Middle or high school students who purchase an annual school bus pass have the option of adding on a Flexpass for an additional $50 at anytime. Contact the Lexington Public School Transportation Office for more information: 781-861-2580 x2 or send email.
- Youth Summer Fun Pass: $60
Buy a July monthly pass and receive August for FREE. Two months of unlimited Lexpress rides for the price of one. For youth under the age of 18. Download pass application.
- Drivers cannot make change. To keep the bus on schedule, have cash handy when you board.
- If you need to transfer to another route, obtain a free transfer slip from the driver. Do this when you first board. The driver may be able to hold the second bus if they're running behind schedule
- When purchasing a Lexpress pass or ticketbook, remember to bring cash or a check made out to the Town of Lexington. Credit cards are not accepted.
- Lexpress does not accept MBTA CharlieCards
Discounts & Promotions
- Senior Discounts
Seniors and disabled riders board FREE from 9:00AM through 1:30PM routes
- Preschool Library Event Patrons
Children and accompanying adults can ride for free between the hours of 8:30AM and 2:00PM. Just show your library card and let the driver know you're going to a Cary Library preschool event.
- Special need riders and Medicare Cardholders qualify for all senior rates and promotions. All buses are ADA accessible.
- Burlington B-Line Transfers
No need to pay your bus fare twice. Obtain a transfer ticket from each driver as proof of purchase.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
Employers are allowed to offer pre-tax transit benefits for your transit commute. Contact your Human Resources Department to find out if your company offers this service.
- How to use your pass
Passes are nontransferable. Only the person whose name appears on the card may use the pass. Each time you board Lexpress, show the driver the front of your pass. If you do not have your pass, you must pay the cash fare. Carry only the current pass so that in case it is lost, replacement fees are limited.
- Lost Lexpress passes
Replacement passes can be issued after the administrative fee is paid via cash or a check made out to the Town of Lexington. Mail or drop-off payment at the Lexington Community Center, 39 Marrett Road. Replacement costs are as follows (effective July 1, 2017):
- General/Family Pass: $20
- Senior/Special Needs Pass: $10
Ticket books and cash paid on board are non-refundable. Monthly or annual passes can be refunded under certain circumstances by the Lexpress Office. Please submit your pass refund request in writing.