14-ride Ticket Books
(online minimum purchase of 2 books)
If paying the Lexpress pass fee presents financial hardship, please contact our Human
Services department at 781-698-4840 for assistance.
Pay Cash on Board
*Senior/disabled riders board for FREE from 9AM until 2PM.
- Ticket Books are sold at:
- On Board Ticket Sales: $4.00 round-trip tickets sold on board. Pay $4.00 when boarding the bus, and the driver will give you a free ticket for you next
Passes are sold:
- Online - click here
- Lexington Community Center, 39 Marrett Rd, Lexington, MA 02421
- Via mail - check only
- Please note, seniors and people with disabilities must apply in person the first time to qualify for discounted price
Round-trip tickets are sold:
- On board the bus. When boarding, tell the driver you want a round-trip ticket. Pay $4.00 and the driver will give you a ticket for your return trip.
- Drivers cannot make change. To keep the bus on time, have payment handy when you board.
- If you need to transfer to another route, ask the driver for a transfer slip when you board. If the bus is behind schedule, the driver may be able to hold the second bus.
- Tickets do not expire
- Lexpress does not accept MBTA CharlieCards at this time.
Discounts & Promotions
- Seniors, Disabled riders, and Medicare Cardholders
Seniors and riders with disabilities board FREE from 9:00AM through end of 1:30PM routes. All buses are ADA accessible.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
Employers are allowed to offer pre-tax transit benefits for your transit commute. Contact your Human Resources Department to find out if your company offers this service.
- Burlington B-Line Transfers FREE
No need to pay your bus fare twice. Ask your Lexpress driver for a B-Line transfer slip, or your B-Line driver for a Lexpress transfer slip.
How to use your pass
Passes are nontransferable. Only the person whose name appears on the card may use the pass. Each time you board Lexpress, show the driver the front of your pass. If you do not have your pass, you must pay the cash fare or use a ticket.
Lost Lexpress passes
Replacement passes can be issued after the administrative fee is paid via cash or a check made out to the Town of Lexington. Mail or drop-off payment at the Lexington Community Center, 39 Marrett Road. Replacement costs are as follows:
- General or Family Pass: $20
- Senior or Disabled Pass: $10
Ticket books and cash paid on board are non-refundable. Monthly or annual passes can be refunded under certain circumstances by the Lexpress Office. Please submit your pass refund request in writing to Lexpress at 39 Marrett Road Lexington, MA 02421