NOTE: Route A1 inbound returns to Town Center opposite the Depot and becomes A2 outbound
Each letter route (A, B, C) leaves Depot Square at 30 minutes after the hour (7:30, 8:30, etc) and takes one hour to complete the route. All routes begin and end at Depot Square. We do our best to remain on schedule, but traffic, road work, weather, and other circumstances beyond our control may impact timing. Check out the "Where's the bus?" section for more info!
Where's the bus?
Trip Planning Assistance
Just need quick directions? Google Transit can be used to look up travel directions for public transit, biking, and walking. Enter your start and end destinations and click "Get Directions". A page will appear with custom route map, directions, and departure and arrival times. You can also use the Google Maps app on your smartphone - click here for instructions.
Need help understanding your options? Call 781-861-1210 or email the transportation services office for assistance. We're happy to help!
Where to Board Lexpress
You can board anywhere along the route by waving to driver, with a few exceptions:
- Town Center: board at the Depot Square bus lane or any MBTA stop.
- Arlington Heights and Burlington Mall Rd: board at any MBTA stop
- Burlington Mall: board at Lexpress stop currently next to Pepe’s Pizza
- Buses cannot stop on Middlesex turnpike. Drivers may be able to pull in to the lots along Middlesex Turnpike (Barnes and Noble, Real School of Music, etc)—just ask!
Physically unable to get to the bus? Call 781-861-1210 for more information about options
How to Ride
All buses are equipped with a wheelchair lift and room for two wheelchairs
- Stand in a safe place on the side of the road the bus is traveling on
- Wave to the driver as they approach and they will stop for you
- If you are riding with a bike, put your bike on the bus bike rack
- Get on the bus
- Show your pass, deposit a ticket, or pay the cash fare. Drivers cannot make change. Seniors and Disabled people do not need to pay from 9:30 AM—2:30 PM
- To request a stop, pull the cord near the window.
- Wait until the bus comes to a complete stop before standing up or exiting the bus. Don't forget your bike!
- If you need to cross the street, wait until the bus has passed you
Route C - Arlington Heights - coming soon!
Transfers are free with a paid fare or pre-paid ticket. Ask the driver for a transfer when you board. Transfers are valid only on continued trips, and cannot be used to re-board the same route.
Transfers are valid only:
- In Lexington Center
- On the date received
- To continue a one-way trip on a different route
If you are planning to transfer to another Lexpress bus and you will miss the connection due to a late bus, the driver may be able to ask your connecting bus to wait for you, just ask. Buses can wait up to, but no longer than, 5 minutes and it depends on traffic, weather, and other circumstances.
When exiting Lexpress, cross behind the bus after it pulls away. Please cross the street with care, and always cross at a crosswalk or traffic light if available. Cars are not required to stop when a Lexpress or MBTA bus lets riders off.
When exiting, please remain seated until the bus comes to a complete stop.
GTFS (Schedule Data)
GTFS, or the General Transit Feed Specification, is the standard format used by many transit agencies to release schedule and trip planning information. If needed, please contact our office to request these files.
|Lexpress Safety Protocols||65.04 KB|