FY18 Lexpress Schedule and Map (effective July 1, 2017)
Printable PDF of Scheduled Times and Route Map
Real-time Arrival Information
Live GPS bus tracking
Directions to/from school for students at:
Lexpress does not have any designated stops; Buses stop on demand outside of the Town Center and the Burlington Mall. Each route operates approximately once per hour. All routes begin and end at Depot Square, and take about 25 minutes to complete.
- Route 1: Via Mass Ave, Watertown St, Lowell St, Arlington Heights
- Route 2: Via Worthen Rd, Follen Rd, Concord Ave, Waltham St
- Route 3: Via Marrett Rd, Spring St, Hayden Ave
- Route 4: Via Mass Ave, Hill St, Bedford St, Woburn St, Maple St
- Route 5: Via Grant St, Middlesex Turnpike, Adams St
- Route 6: Via Hancock St, Grove St, Turning Mill Rd
If you need to transfer to another route, obtain a free transfer slip from the driver on your first bus. All transfers must occur at Depot Square in Lexington Center.
Drivers do their best to accommodate transfers without compromising the Lexpress schedule. A person wishing to transfer should notify the driver immediately upon boarding. The transfer bus will delay departure up to five minutes if the driver is alerted in time.You will have to wait 30 minutes when transferring between two odd routes or two even routes.
Transfers to the Burlington B-Line are available for free.
Trip Planning Assistance
Call (781-861-1210) or email the office for assistance.
Service Delays & Cancelations
Please note that in the event of service delays (traffic, weather, mechanical, etc.), Lexpress may have to temporarily operate on a abbreviated route or skip a route all together. We apologize for any inconvenience.
In general, if Lexington Public Schools are delayed or canceled due to inclement weather, Lexpress will also delay or cancel service. Announcements will be posted on the website and recorded on the office voicemail, which can be reached by calling 781-861-1210.
- When exiting Lexpress, cross behind the bus after it pulls away. Please cross the street with care, and always cross at a crosswalk or traffic light if available. Cars are not required to stop when a Lexpress or MBTA bus lets riders off.
- Drivers are not allowed to pick-up passengers at busy intersections or on the Middlesex Turnpike. In Town Center, riders may only board in the Depot Square bus lane or at a MBTA bus stop. Outside of Town Center flag the bus down to board.
Schedule Data (GTFS)
GTFS, or the General Transit Feed Specification, is the standard format used by many transit agencies to release schedule and trip planning information.
Lexpress GTFS zip file for July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017