For life threatening emergencies, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
For mental health or emotional crises that are not immediately life threatening, call:
Advocates Psychiatric Emergency Service (PES) 781-893-2003 to speak to a crisis clinician.
They are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, offering crisis intervention for children and adults for mental health and psychiatric emergencies at your home, office or other location.
The Lexington Mental Health Task Force is funded and staffed by Town of Lexington officials and Lexington Public Schools Staff to provide leadership and a community-wide focus by engaging providers, residents of all ages, and the greater Lexington community in mental health and wellness initiatives. This program seeks to complement and promote mental health and wellness services already in place in Lexington, and to coordinate with current and future services by:
- Staying current on community mental health needs and best practice research to meet the needs of our diverse community;
- Informing residents about mental health and wellness challenges, as well as approaches to improve awareness;
- Developing prevention services and activities to promote mental health and wellness;
- Coordinating the availability and delivery of mental health and wellness intervention and postvention services and resources to residents; and
- Partnering and being inclusive with local and regional mental health providers and other organizations.